1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Men of War: Red Tide Hands-On Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 5 Sep 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. antaresIII

antaresIII tephigram

You are so far from ign (and similar) that you can stop trying. (with space obturators)

3. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Clearly the best RTS ever! There's no doubt this game and every add-on will always move a legion of adept fans of the genre.

And plus, this game dug it's niche and I can see hard to die fans for a long time.

@antaresIII: IGN sux... it doesn't have modding :D

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I keep meaning to check this game out but kept on forgetting, just played the demo and it's a really awesome game. Just grabbed it on steam.

5. lona

lona What's a Dremel?

Med of war?
    (first page, first line)

6. antaresIII

antaresIII tephigram

I think this should be a tech site (not some badly brooded IGN theme).

7. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Really looking forward to it! I really hope that it can be implemented with the old game, so that we can get more units and more mp-maps!

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I suck at this game >_<

9. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

And I think BT should pay more attention to the modding comunity, after all it started as a modding site...

10. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Not sure what you guys are going on about IGN and the like. I'm a fan of the game, got some preview code in and thought I'd share my thoughts. If you're not interested, you don't have to read it!

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Um? Ok?

12. bridgesentry

bridgesentry 3verything must bee wat3rcooled

Nothing can be as eye catching as games. And not every personal computer mods are eye catching for every body.
    Games, geek, mod... are all interconnected in one way or other.
    Modding is just making a PC to become like other something you like in your life. If it is not games, then what do u like? Coding? or ...debugging?

13. Colt 45 J

Colt 45 J Aye

I tried Men of War, and after playing World in Conflict, it felt to say the least, bad. It looked like a clone, the graphics looked like they were going to be amazing, but you got to the gameplay and they just didn't feel as breathtaking or detailed as WiC's. The objectives could be done without even trying any tactic other than just steamrolling through... I didn't like this game, maybe in the future they can patch it enough but for now it's a no...

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

This is a tech site. We cover tech and uses of it, i.e. games. Games are a small part of the site and the mag compared to the other areas - which is why there's only one full time games journalist in a team of nine journalists and one or two regular freelancers.

15. quake1-rules

quake1-rules What's a Dremel?

WiC is a really shiny package and superbly presented with great sound and atmosphere with an outstanding mutliplayer system. That said, MoW has more depth and tactics and offers a huge amount of replay value. Where WiC falls short is where MoW shines with things like advanced ballistics and a huge variety of hardware as well as the detail of the units and the inventory system. WiC has a very primitive ballstics/damage system.

WiC is a very pretty girl who scores 85 on an IQ test (that's below average) and MoW is a more average looking woman that is one of the smarted women you've ever met and who offers lots of 'replay' ;)

What's ironic is that MoW does bigger battles better than WiC. Specifically I mean battles with lots of units and battle chaos. WiC does bigger settings much better though with the beautiful cities and settings it offers.

You can boil it down to the target age group for the two games. WiC is more for late teenagers and early 20's while MoW is more for late 20's and later for people who value detail over gloss.

Tags: Add Tags