1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus P7P55D Deluxe Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Sep 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Wow, surprising review as I would have expected this to have been better than the cheaper MSI board and not the other way round. So when are you guys reviewing the MSI board?

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Right as I type. :)

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I completely agree with the pricing. I'm going i5, probably by christmas, and I'm not paying that much for my board! Good review as normal though, Can't wait to see all the upcoming P55 reviews.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

wow £165, very nice pricing, for me at least :p
    not looking at the value score, it's a fantastic board :)

the turbo remote is completely useless apart from the ON button and clear-CMOS. since i overclocked by changing memory multiplier and timing, went in to save the profile, then went back to stock, loaded up Windows and tryed to use the key, but it froze. seems like the TurboV program doesn't save anything other than Bclk and a few simple voltages. also, as you said, the animation feels laggy and slow.

so is 200 Bclk the highest you've achieved? i was expecting a little higher....... also, for i5 750, highest configurable multiplier is 21x.

for BIOS, my one came with the one before 0504, not sure what other people got. but just a note for other comp. winners.

from personal experience, would have preferred the "target voltage" option in the BIOS, especially for CPU offset mode. other than that, fantastic board, really stable and easy to overclock.

6. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Speaking of the MSI board review.. any chance of getting the MSI "the Big Bang" motherboard in? I would really like to see how the lucid chip performs.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'm on the list for the first one off the production line :)

8. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Can I have it after you are done with it then? :p

9. Scootiep

Scootiep Minimodder

Anybody else find it annoying that there's no eSATA on the rear I/O? You'd think they could've given up at least one of those USB ports for one.

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Personally speaking, eSATA just seems like a waste of I/O space to me. I've never used it, never known anyone who used it, and never will use it.

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i think the crippled single SATA port is designed for eSATA on the bracket. besides, i got a eSATA hard disk and still finds USB to be easier, especially since it's a portable drive, a knock on it might break the power connection and that would freeze the whole machine if using eSATA in AHCI mode.

12. shaffaaf27

shaffaaf27 The budget builder

can we have a uATX board roundup?

13. CyrIng

CyrIng SFF

Wish you could tell me CPU Core temps also NB & SB @ stock frequencies ?
    Are they lower than using socket 1366 ?
    Thkx

14. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

From here, an MSI P55-GD65 is looking like a real bargain for £63. And it arrives tomorrow. Can't wait to start overclocking. Also, any plans for more cooler reviews in the near future?

15. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Hey ASUS, you totally missed the point there. The platform was supposed to be "mainstream". 200 € mobo does NOT count.

Try again? Y / N?

The i5 looks promising, as does the P55, and I'm really looking forward to some reasonably prices mATX motherboards.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Look in the box bundle, there's an optional PCI bracket that can be used with any of the SATA ports.

There's no relation in CPU temperatures between sockets on different platforms. SB is warm but doesn't really affect performance. It's a 4.7W part.

17. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

bindi, how can i get my hands on the new BIOS?

Great review guys. I disagree with you on the animation for the remote though. The animation, while slow, looks great, and there's nothing on the key that you cant do with the Turbo-V app anyway, so if you want speed and massive tweaking ability, why not just use the app?

ninja edit: getting the driver from asus' site :duh:
    suggestion: supply your best overclocking results as a BIOS profile. Almost every mobo maker has some sort of functionality to do this, and it would be a great resource for people who actually bought the board :)

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

PM me your email addy

But.. I don't want to use the app. I want to press the button, watch CPU-Z, and tweak my other benchmarks with the mouse :p

I would say few mobo makers have this function of BIOS submission: Gigabyte, Asus and DFI. The problem is, there's no central database for people to share them.

19. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Well, you guys are running the best tech site in europe, you should be able to host a few BIOS profiles, right? ;)

Who knows, it might even grow into a genuine value++ for the site.

oh, and wuyanxu ninja'd you, he already PMed me the BIOS link :)

Last edited: 9 Sep 2009
  20. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

It's funny, I saw this board just the other day, made me pull out my plans for my next mod :).

Tags: Add Tags