1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google Chrome 3 Stable released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Sep 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

IE is terrible in comparison to chrome. I havent used it once since I installed chrome

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I still prefer firefox - twitterfox, adblock plus, fire.fm and greasemonkey are indispensable!

4. SBS

SBS What's a Dremel?

Indeed, give us some decent plugins alongside an easy way to customise things like those godawful mouse gestures and I think more of us will fall into line.

5. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

that's a bit too fast isn't it? soon, it'd overtake IE 8 in numbering.

also, what's this obsession with browser speeds, as long as it displays a page it's fine. browser should be user friendly and very customisable.

7. Shuriken

Shuriken same christmas AV for a whole year

I've been using chrome since it was first released, the main reason I choose it over Firefox, other than the beautifully minimal layout, is start up time. On my (admittedly slow) laptop, chrome loads instantly, Firefox 3 takes about 60 seconds...

8. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

At least there was cake...

[​IMG]

9. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Nice to see a browser taking evolutionary steps for the better. I've had v2 installed on my work machine for sometime now, and aside from a small proxy issue, it's been running beautifully.

Upon first load of Chrome 3 (Straight after reading the article), it's not asking for a proxy authentication as of yet - and it's nice to see Google have kept things basic.

Wonder if this is going to give an indication of the performance of the Google OS?

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

ah... now i understand why it looked different today...

11. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Chrome is my browser of choice, i like it because it's fast.

12. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz What's a Dremel?

firefox will always be better cuz of add ons like greasemonkey...it's just way too important to give up. I rather sacrifice that marginal increase for speed for my extensions....seriously.

13. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

IE is so desperatly slow starting up on my laptop (which isnt slow itself) and chrome opens in a second or two and i just want a browser for basic surfing so its perfect for that

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've always liked Chrome since it was released - definitely my browser of choice. Firefox is more functional, but Chrome is fast, has a small footprint and has a wonderfully minimalist UI that's very simple & intuitive to use. Just a shame that they don't support other platforms, as Chromium isn't quite as good as the Google-coded Chrome.

15. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I've been running chrome dev channel as my default browser for ages now and the only thing I need is a more fully featured blacklist extension (like NoScript) and then it will do everything that Firefox does just about 100 million times faster.... Except for live bookmarks, I do miss those.

16. Psy-UK

Psy-UK What's a Dremel?

I've recently made the switch to Chrome from Firefox and, sorry Mozilla, but your browser is too bloated now. Chrome only takes up around 30MB of RAM for general browsing whilst Mozilla's offering takes up a whopping 130MB with only the Twitter addon.

I can live without the plugins.

17. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Yawn! This is just eye candy for the OEM's Google are trying to get to install Chrome ADWARE onto Windows 7.

Chill with the hype please ladies.

18. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Must confess I'm a little disappointed to see this covered but the launch of Opera 10 (a couple of weeks ago) completely missed.

Chrome seems like an OK browser to me. It does depress me though by showing that simply because it's been released by a huge company and is better than IE it's going to be huge.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I think that was when I was on holiday, otherwise it would have been covered.

20. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

lolwut?

What do people do with greasemonkey? Never found any useful scripts really, and I haven't looked since I started using Chrome.. Is it really a good reason for using FF?

Tags: Add Tags