1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Pink Floyd might work on rhythm game?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 18 Sep 2009.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

Cheeky to be the first comment after posting this, but...

+1 for Rock Band: Queen :D

3. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

Oh Rock Band Queen Hell yes.

However on topic I'd like a (Prog) Rock Band: Pink Floyd - it would be one way to introduce the keyboard pref into the franchise. I think though to do it right you'd have to include a blotter sheet of Acid in the box which could cause problems..

4. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Queen, Meatloaf and Johnny Cash even though he's not really rock.

5. delriogw

delriogw What's a Dremel?

i for one would deffo buy a queen one, just not sure they're big enough in the states to warrant their own game

after all - i'm sure that's the reason that the guitar hero games have failed to include a queen song that actually has the sort of guitar rifs you'd expect from queen, killer queen and under pressure are good songs, but not the ones that spring to mind when you think of ripping guitar.

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Urgh, it's a game, it's nothing like playing the guitar, you wouldn't moan at them to join the army if they play a lot of CoD4.

7. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

+1 for a Pink Floyd Rock Band.

Maybe it would make up for the utter crap that was Beatles rock band.

8. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Anyone wanna +1 for not making anymore of these games.

@ Veles. I think Nick knows the game is nothing like really playing a guitar, thats why hes irritated.

9. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I love honey and I love ketchup. It doesn't mean that they go along well - contraire to what Moe, from "the three stooges" think (sorry no video on youtube for that episode).

Pink floyd in a video game? Please...

10. delriogw

delriogw What's a Dremel?

i wish everyone would stop jumping on the fact it's not like playing a real guitar - gamers aren't stupid

i play guitar for real - ok i'm not up to their standard, but i'm good enough to thoroughly enjoy it, and i LOVE playing guitar hero.

11. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

The Age of Achievement is long over, go play!

I find it truly sad that the only era in the last 100 years (the 60s) that produced halfway decent music, is under attack by people who want to melt it down for a cheap buck (pound or euro) in a fracking console game.

Pathetic.

12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I think you mean the 70's :p

13. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

pink floyd was better in the 80's and early 90's imho (gilmour era)

14. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

"It's called riding the gravy train"

smc8788 likes this.
  15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Blasphemy! I love Gilmour, but they were far better when Waters was there, and their 4 best albums were all released in the 70's (DSOTM, WYWH, Animals, and The Wall).

:lol:

+rep

16. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Which is why he shouldn't be moaning about them not picking up real guitars, it's like him saying they could be awesome painters if they spend as much time practising painting than the time they spend playing guitar hero. Playing guitar hero and playing a real guitar are completely different things and his children won't necessarily enjoy learning to play the guitar. It's the same as if (from what I've said above) people moaning that their kids could be soldiers if they put as much time practising that as they do playing CoD4, or they could be footballers if they played as much real football as pro evo. It's apples and oranges, most people seem to be fine with computer game versions of their profession, they realise that it's a game and isn't meant to be an exact recreation, yet for some reason a lot of musicians can't take it. A lot love to express the view any opportunity they get that if it's not a real instrument then there's no point bothering.

17. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Nick Mason does have a point. Anyone can compete for a high score, but making music yourself is a cool thing to know how to do.

18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that very few people can do it, and that people who play and enjoy guitar hero will most likely not enjoy learning to play the guitar. It's not the same thing, and if he's complaining about his kids playing guitar hero then he should be complaining about his kids playing any other game, because guitar hero is no more or less a waste of time than any other game.

It just seems to me that musicians are too pretentious to deal with the fact their profession/hobby has been turned into a video game and see it as an affront to their skill. It's no worse than air guitar, but they don't mind that.

Or maybe he's just a bit sore about getting his ass handed to him by his kids.

Tags: Add Tags