1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Machinarium Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 Oct 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I played both Samorosts and loved them.
    Will have to get that one. :thumb:

3. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Just had a quick play of the demo, love the style. Am tempted...

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Depending how much you cheat on the numerous puzzles, it's several hours of gameplay :) I just finished it this afternoon. <3 the ending.

5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

It's an excellent game. I loved nearly every bit.

The only bits that was a bit of a grind were the board game which was just irritating because it's so easy, but due to the perfect nature of your computer opponent, winning is a case of luck. The other was the very last challenge. It was just unnecessary.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That was the most fun game imo. You need to get him in a "cant win" scenario - the walkthrough cleverly gives you advise via picture on the page opposite.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i finished it morning, what a splended game, and an important one for pc gaming.

little teams like this can GLADLY have my money as the indy scene is the future of pc gaming.

my crystal ball has spoken.

Last edited: 25 Oct 2009
  8. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

9. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

Played both samarost and this one. It's just pure awesome. Just goes to show that flash is not obsolete at all.

10. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Oddly, i didn't like it all that much. I tried the demo, and i have to agree that it is utterly beautiful, but there is something about it I just didn't like. Which is made wierder by the fact I'm a big fan of adventure games (It's a toss up between MI2 and Full throttle for which is my favourite)

11. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

The only winning move is not to play :)

12. M1chl

M1chl What's a Dremel?

I am from Czech Republic, like the Amanita does and my high school teacher for Photoshop/Premiere was Václav Blín, the man behind the animation in this game. When I saw it, it's a really big suprise. Anyway, this game is really awesome, it's a love on first sight. So please more this poetical games with soul : )

13. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

£14.99 on steam, absolute bargain, worth every penny for the quality of the art and game.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

theres a point, you say that hte soundtrack is available for those who buy it, what about those who got it on steam?

15. deanimate

deanimate What's a Dremel?

Pure Gold.
    I love samorost from the start and to see that game evolved to the next level is just brilliant news. Just standing in an environment, listening to the inspired soundtrack and looking at the gorgeous and unique graphics is rewarding in itself.
    Pre-ordered this one months ago and when i have some more money available I'll probably buy it again.

Gems like these don't come along too often.

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I just completed this last night. A very enjoyable game I must say, and this is coming from someone who isn't a big fan of adventure games. I was a little hesitant after playing the demo, but the full game is much more enjoyable as there is more depth to the puzzles and they get increasingly tricky.

As per the review there were some bits that I found frustrating, like when solutions don't seem to be able to be solved logically, and require more of a trial and error approach. But on the whole it was great fun; I particularly loved the art style and the way the characters are developed through the robot's thoughts as the game progresses - they add a real sense of empathy that other games don't achieve, even with several pages of dialogue.

Oh, and it wouldn't be right to leave without an act of pedantry: in the first paragraph of the review - it's per se (as in Latin), not "per say" :p

Last edited: 27 Oct 2009
  17. micha80

micha80 What's a Dremel?

I think I'll give it a go, I love a good adventure games. This one seems to have been inspired by an old formula that works: simple and cute.

Tags: Add Tags