1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Declining interest in music games set to continue

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Guitar Hero 3 was definately the high poibt...

3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I'm quite interested in DJ hero but the track choice is just really weird, its mostly R&B and rock and not electronic/dance like i was expecting.

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Hopefully, some of those people drawn in by Guitar Hero have actually gone and bought a proper one, in an attempt to learn how to play an instrument rather than a lump of plastic attached to a console. :)

WildThing likes this.
  5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I have to confess; as fun as it is, I have completely lost interest in the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games. I'm glad that I never shelled out on an instrument pack now. The games are great fun, especially with a group of people, but there's only so much twiddling of plastic guitars & drum kits that I can stomach.

I'd much rather sit down and listen to the album than fail to play some freakishly complex button sequence - Jordan by Buckethead sounds much better when you're not failing it miserably on GHII!

6. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

did they really expect this to sell that well? How many pundits are gonna shell out for a turntable to 'scratch' on in time to music? Puhhlease

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Did they consider, perhaps, that it's because it's bloody terrible?

8. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

DJ Hero as an idea was complete and utter fail. Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3/World Tour were when it was at it's best. You could sing, hit drums, or flail on a plastic guitarish thing.

DJ hero....turntable, utter fail. At least Rock Band and Guitar Hero had some good tracks.

9. wiak

wiak What's a Dremel?

is this anything new?
    have they forgotten the saying "out with the old, in with the new" ? doo'h

10. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty sure that the turntables won't be compatibile with that other DJ game that's coming out. I suspect people who are interested may just wait to see which game is better before dropping the cash.

I'm pretty happy with Rock Band 2, and as long as they keep making the tracks in the various Lego games exportable to play in the main game, then I'll keep buying them :)

11. infi

infi What's a Dremel?

maybe now there will be some innovations in games again... maybe ._.

12. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

QFT!:rock:

+rep

13. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

have you not seen south park^

14. Matticus

Matticus ...

Every time I read a bit of news about games, I get my face and my palm primed to meet.

Every time something doesn't go their way it's "oh well this type of game is ruining this, or people pirating are ruining this, or the decline in this type of game is down to the giant squid being particularly active this year" I just scream at my monitor "Make ****ing better games and people will ****ing buy them, its not ****ing rocket ****ing sci-****ing-e-****ing-nce!!!!!!!"

15. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

16. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I would care, if they didn't already rake in a ton and half of cash..

And made SC and MW2 like what it's going to be.

17. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

that's kinda odd ... somehow i keep finding myself drawn back to audiosurf, over and over ...

as for all the **** hero games ... meh. i got a real guitar with actual strings. i know a chord or 300. even got one of them things with 2 less strings and no frets.

i wouldnt mind having one of them drum thingies to teach my daughter on, but i can pick up a usb cheapie from tha intarwebs for a twenty ... so once again, meh.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That game has been quite possibly my best purchase on Steam to date. For the amount of play time I've had out of it, the £6 I paid really does seem like nothing at all.

Even after nearly 6 months, the appeal has not diminished - every now and then I find myself listening to a particular track and thinking: "this would be brilliant in Audiosurf!"

19. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

DJ hero just isn't that good, and doesn't even really capture the "spirit" of DJ'ing or even emulate any of the activities. you press 3 buttons, shift a fader and do baby scratches... that's it.

It's a shame I was hoping it would be a good little midi controller (or hackable into one) so that I could use it in my DJayin gigs for some laughs.

20. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Yeah it's easy to see why, aging rock dinosaurs wanting to sell old tracks = yes, cutting edge dance acts diluting their products with a console game = no. If you want to DJ I recomend ableton live or native instruments traktor.

Tags: Add Tags