1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Relic considers PC version of Space Marine

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Want, but not if it's a rubbish console port. Saying that though, Batman: Arkham Asylum was a console centric game, and that was still good on the PC, so there's hope yet.

3. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Sod space marine.

I wish they would stop messing about and give us HOMEWORLD 3!!!!! Or a HOMEWORLD 3!!!!! disguised as battlefleet Gothic?

4. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Rumours are that Homeworld 3 is indeed under development at Relic, along with Space Marine, Dawn of War add on packs and the new Company of Heroes game, so fear not!

They're a very PC centric dev, and I don't think we have too much to fear of them going all "console" on us.

5. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

+1 Baz!

NO CRAPPY CONSOLE PORT PLEASE!

6. RickTheSnake

RickTheSnake What's a Dremel?

lately imho relic has been highly disappointing, first ruining CoH's multiplayer balancement and then with DoW2 that isn't even a real RTS. actually i am still playing homeworld 2 with fantastic mods like Complex, and my worst fear is that they turn a possible homeworld 3 in some hybrid console friendly game.

7. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

I don't think CoH's MP balance is too bad tbh. Staghound broke the game but the fixed it and MP games I play are never decided by just one unit type. Panzerkrieg is rubbish though.

8. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Yes please, but as per the above posts, not if its a crappy console port.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I demand satisfaction.

PC satisfaction.

10. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Needs moar space marines on my computer. :)

11. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

staghound? i think you mean the t17. It got a nerf in 2.6 anyway so it's fine. the only things that need to be fixed to be honest are the kangaroo carrier and the 3 shot pak bug. Haven't tried panzerkrieg since i can never find a server.

Also, dawn of war 2 was quite good. if it's not a "real rts" then go play starcraft. i found DOW II to be quite refreshing with its campaign and RPG elements.

on topic though. i think relic is merely trying to keep the minority happy so that they don't turn on them like IW did.

btw... what genre is the game?

12. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

As others have said, if it's a full PC version rather than just a straight port it'll be well worth it. Otherwise I'll just get console version any way for the single player but a true PC version with full multiplayer support is what I'm hoping for.

EDIT: Game type appears to be 3rd person shooter from footage I've seen but I haven't seen anything other than the original game trailer. I'll get it whatever the type is as 40K just brings out the inner geek in me :)

Last edited: 28 Oct 2009
  13. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

"has over 300 signatures on it" reminds me of

"There are over 17 mirrors in the mirror world!"

14. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

But it'll be rubbish, won't it, because it's a console game.

I'd rather they buggered off to the consoles if that's what they really want to do, and let us play games for grownups.

15. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's probably not going to be a very good shooter on PC if it's primarily being developed for consoles, just like how Halo Wars would be a **** PC RTS unless they did some heavy modification.

16. sear

sear Guest

They'd better get this game over to PC. The first thing I thought was "this game is awesome!"... and then I read the "only for consoles" fine print. Argh.

17. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i signed that petition. there is a disastrous shortage of space marines on my computer.

18. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

But we're running out of devs :<

Anyway, it seems somewhat experimental, a PC RTS dev making a 3rd person shooter on consoles. I'm dubious about it's quality at all tbh, they have no experience in that area. If it is a great game of course I'd like to see it on PC though, even if it is so I can use my 360 controller to play at higher resolutions, textures and framerates.

19. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

I've played (Tau) Fire Warrior FPS on my PC and Command Squad (Strategy by turns) on the PSP... A real Space Marine FPS would be really apreciated. And usually PC games have better graphics than console ports.

20. moshpit

moshpit What's a Dremel?

I thought the console version of Space Marine was all third person shooter? Screw that. I want to BE the Space Marine, not control one from over his shoulder.

Long live Lion El' Jonson and the Emperor!

Tags: Add Tags