1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo unveils DSi XL

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Won't the games not look very good when they're stretched to nearly 2x the size? Other than that, pretty cool idea. The DS should start selling in northern Europe as well lol.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds like they're after the crossword brigade to me! Looks pretty good though, that's my biggest issue with the current DS size, too small!

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Same size screen as a PSP, its not that big, about right really, PSP games look pretty good as do low res PS1 stuff played back on it so don't reckon the DS will have any problems accommodating the size, although saying that was is the DS resolution, a lot of PS1 games are 320x240

Course what they are lacking for the older types like my mother in law who likes to play stuff like Sudoku on these handhelds is a choice of control methods, she can't handle the pen for long period and some games don't let you use buttons or are inconvenient to do so whilst tilted, so long since dropped DS in favor of PSP.

Bigger screen might mean its easier to get by with just fingers?

Last edited: 29 Oct 2009
  5. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

With the DSi out a couple of months ago, and very little in the way of features actually being used so far (just like wiimote+, <3 Nintendo), it must burn pretty bad if you bought one and they're releasing such an improvement already. Too soon? I guess you could see it as an alternative rather than improvement, but I imagine there'd be few who'd want the smaller one.

6. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Bas****s is all i can say, esp as ive gotta buy the mrs one this week for her birthday then they go and announce this :(

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

oh about time they increased the screen size maybe just maybe I would consider getting this now, to bad they got rid of the GBA port ><

8. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Just get her a little box with a note inside that has I.O.U. one DSi XL written on it./

9. McGarnacle

McGarnacle What's a Dremel?

That's my problem too. The DS Lite (and in turn DSi) are too small for my big clumsy hands. Anything longer than 15 minutes gameplay, and I get a cramp in both hands from trying to hit buttons, especially the shoulder ones, while supporting it at the same time.

This new larger model should cure that problem. :)

10. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Very nice idea, although i too wonder how they will deal with original DS games being stretched.

11. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

I still have my original chunky DS from launch day and even that gives me hand cramps after half hour or so..... May have to upgrade in the new year.

Tags: Add Tags