1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dragon Age: Origins DLC announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Nov 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. bruce12345

bruce12345 What's a Dremel?

On the Bioware website 400 points will cost you £3.40.

3. -VK-

-VK- Lurker

Woo! Looking forward to this. Yay for more sleepless nights taken up by DA.

4. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Really enjoying this game. Theres so much storyline and learning about your party members its great!

I've found with the MS and now Bioware points it doesnt matter how many points you buy in one purchase you dont get a discount for volume which is a shame!

5. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

FFS why can't we have a universal computer game currency? It's so irritating having soooo many different currency's, I have 800MS points on my xbox now which I'd happily use but I can't because I own it on the PC, this is just so gay, I now need to purchase "Bioware points" just for DLC. Not very happy >.>

EDIT: I take back what I said, why can't we just pay in cash but with the option of points? :(

6. Bede

Bede Minimodder

If they're really sneaky they'll only let you buy 600 points at a time, so if each DLC is 400 you're left over with some, encouraging you to buy the next one :D

7. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

I thought there was already loads of DLC available:

Or are they just extras from the Digital Deluxe version that costs £10 more?

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Nov 2009
  8. TWeaK

TWeaK Guest

@mrbens

I think all the stuff you listed was available upon release. To be honest though I have no idea, I don't play this type of game. Too much microtransaction milking done by the producers.

9. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

All that was either an extra depending on where you got it, a collector's edition add-on or something that was announced and released alongside the game for free. This is the first premium, post-release DLC.

10. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Just to add to what CardJoe said, most of that 'DLC' was just single items anyway, like a ring that gives a 1% exp boost, or a spell resistance necklace. Basically a bunch of small and different incentives that BioWare gave to different retailers to encourage pre-orders.

Infact, out of that list only 2 things are really 'worth' it. The Warden's Keep DLC (a small dungeon which rewards you with an awesome party chest) and the Stone Prisoner (rewards you with a new party member).

TBH I really hope BioWare pumps out a lot of DLC to keep us busy until Mass Effect 2 and beyond.

11. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

1 point = 1.25 cents US

12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I can't wait for more content. This is the game of the year for me, loving every minute of it.

13. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

I know, I thought Left 4 Dead 2 would have been a better buy. Boy, was I wrong.

14. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

The Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep have actual gameplay involed the rest of the pre-release DLC were just items that aided you in the early stages of the game.

I can't wait for this bit of DLC to come out!

Dragon Age: Origins is sweeeeet!

Tags: Add Tags