1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA patches ATI problems in The Saboteur

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Dec 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Edge102030

Edge102030 Son, i am disappoint.

From a big name publisher this isn't acceptable, should never have been released with these issues. Complete a game before you release it or people won't buy from you again.

3. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Absolute joke. No wonder EA are loosing money hand over fist.

4. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

imagine if it actually didnt work on the 360 or PS3, EA would of had that patch out in 4 hours. nice to know PC users are getting left behind as usual

5. technogiant

technogiant What's a Dremel?

Yeah...so as the product isn't fit for purpose then you should be able to return it to the retailer.....yeah sure just try it....spend £30 on **** that doesn't work and have no right of refund......any wonder people pirate.

6. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Remember guys, EA gutted Pandemic studios around the time the game was released. Most of the engineers who worked on The Saboteur were either gone or looking for another job. They probably had to make that patch with a skeleton crew of programmers (or most likely asked another studio to go through Pandemic code to find the problem).

So yeah, EA really screwed the pooch with this one.

7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

What a ****ing joke. I can not believe that such incompetent mistakes could be made. It is actually shocking that this game got released in the state it is in. It boggles the mind.

EA Game Testing
    Tester 1: What?! The game doesn't even work! How am I meant to play this! This can't be released!
    EA: But look, boobies when it does work...
    Tester 1,2 and 3: Mmmm... boobies...
    EA: QUICK! RELEASE IT!

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

So it was EA's fault........I'm not surprised tbh.

9. technogiant

technogiant What's a Dremel?

What kind of QA allows for the release of a product that doesn't even work on 30 - 40% of customers hardware....the answer is none....anywonder PC gaming is going down the pan if this is the standard of one of the industries largest producers. COMPLETELY UNBELIEVABLE.

10. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

and they want ME to buy their games... lol... Testing EA... TESTING!! BF2142 is still with bugs...

11. knutjb

knutjb What's a Dremel?

It could be the best storyline and plot ever but if it doesn't play right on all designated platforms don't waste my time.

12. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Maybe all the out of work Republicans ended up on the QA team. Testing this game with nVidia and ATI cards seems like a simple idea to me, I have both cards in my BEDROOM, a multinational craporation doesnt?!?!

13. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

GAME wouldn't take this one back if you found it couldn't run on your ATI powered rig, they basically say its buyer beware with PC games. You could try to argue that you couldn't possibly know the game wouldn't run on your hardware but I suppose it would depand on how much you are willing to argue the point.

Here's a thought, I don't have a copy of the game but if anyone does what do the basic system requirements on the case say with regards to minimum and recommended hardware? Does it mention nVidia only or does it have ATI cards listed? Is this an unofficial test by NVidia that can be passed off as a goof and we are we perhaps begining to see games that are hardware manufactuer specific?

14. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

So the game didnt work with ATI cards, had problems running on Vista and Windows 7 OS's, and doesn't play well with quad core processors? :duh:

EA released a worthless piece of s**t when they let this game get out the door. Serves EA right for its destruction of Pandemic.

Tags: Add Tags