1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Army of Two: The 40th Day

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 12 Jan 2010.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I liked AOT...

I still play it every once in a while, it's buckets of fun with a real friend. A bit short though but at least there's a free DLC mission pack.

3. M1chl

M1chl What's a Dremel?

So how long is this game? I want to buy, but when its about 5 hours, I rather wait for price cut...

4. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

& you get a minigun :) hours of fun left in that gun :)

5. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

As a non-X360-owner, I have to say those screenshots look surprisingly nice visually.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I picked up the first game on a 2 for 20 quid offer, I was really only after Armored Core 4 For Answer but i thought why not. jesus christ talk about rubbish! its an 18 rated game aimed at 12 year old chavs and its as shallow as a puddle of piss!

its been in my ps3 all of an hour. :/

7. s3v3n

s3v3n MMO Cold Turkey -fail

"Army of Poo"
    lol, I liked that

8. SBS

SBS What's a Dremel?

When was the last time you awarded a sub 5 score to a game or infact any reviewed item from a major company?

Just wondering.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Army of 2 40th Day worked, and it's playable, it has new features and it does what it says on the tin, but it's just not that good.

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Gaming wise? We do have to go back a few months admittedly, but that's because of a few reasons. Firstly, I was off most of December, so gaming content dropped then. Secondly, there's not been any big releases between then and now (especially on PC). Thirdly, because I'm the only dedicated games journalist on the team I have to prioritise what I look at. As has been discussed on the forums before that means I'm more likely to look at the big games that people care most about, rather than the tat that everyone can tell is crap just from the box art.

Some of the low scores I gave last year, off the top of my head and not even going back to the start of the year include...

League of Legends - 3/10 (Riot Games, GOA)
    Fatale - 5/10 (Indie)
    Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - 5/10 (Codemasters)
    Section 8 - 5/10
    Death to Spies: Moment of Truth - 3/10
    America's Army - 5/10 (US Army)
    Battlefield Heroes - 4/10 (EA)
    Fuel - 5/10 (Codemasters)
    Damnation - 3/10 (Codemasters)
    Bionic Commando - 5/10 (Capcom)
    Stormrise - 3/10 (Sega)

It's worth pointing out that all publishers consider less than a 7 to be a flat fail, no matter what it is. To them a 6 is no better than 1. We've not been afraid to give really low scores though, as Rich points out with Clear Sky, or as I could when we gave GTA IV a 7 instead of the 10/10 everyone else gave it. Or when we gave Gears of War 2 an 8/10 and not the 10/10 that everyone else did.

There's also Conspiracy Island, which we reviewed ages ago because people actually went in the face of my third point above and wanted to see us review some games that weren't as mainstream. Thus, we reviewed the first not-big title to come across my desk. Guess what? It was ****.

Last edited: 13 Jan 2010
  11. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Unfortunately you've picked totally the wrong website to criticise for not using the entire 1-10 point scoring scale. Bit is pretty famous for dishing out the 3s when they're deserved.

12. woodss

woodss Yes Louis Wu

sounds familiar, whats the bet it sells well though due to the bs hype.

Tags: Add Tags