1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs The Easy Core i3 Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cutter McJ1b, 15 Jan 2010.

1. Cutter McJ1b

Cutter McJ1b Home-cut jibs at discount Prices

2. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Yes, it's cheap. But I wouldn't buy from OcUK. I still think a 530 with the P55-UD2 is a smart way to go, as there's room for an i5/i7 in the future.

I would also still like to see some numbers on i3-530 vs AMD Phenom II X2 550BE as budget options.

If Scan were to offer a bundle with a similar overclock and a Fenrir - that could well interest me.

3. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Well you can ask them to change certain partsd, such as a fenrir, not sure about memory but possibly.
    I live next CCL but ocuk just cant be beat in price most of the time imo.

4. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

That is around the same price I got my i7 motherboard/CPU/RAM/cooler for.
    It was most definitely second hand, the stepping is the older sort and the motherboard is a bit suspect but I would go for second hand faster over new, slower components any day.

5. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

OCuk sell pretty good bundle's and although I'm an AMD user, I think that is quite a bundle with out-of-store oc, you still got guarantee of that from OCuk although the manufacturer is gone. Pretty sweet actually

6. vampalan

vampalan What's a Dremel?

7. dec

dec [blank space]

thats pretty bold. bringing 4ghz to the entry level. that takes the fun (and stress :worried: ) out of doing it yourself though.

@okenobi - i dont think we'll see that comparison because nehalem is so much better than K10.5 and 550BE are only $30 or so cheaper than i3-530's.

8. joco2_uk

joco2_uk What's a Dremel?

It would still be interesting to see how far ahead it was compared to the 550BE

9. woodss

woodss Yes Louis Wu

when they first started ocUK was a bit of a pain for me, but only in that 2 deliveries took 1 week each. But this was years ago and now they are flawless from my last few years using them, id rate them everytime.

10. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Well my bad experiences were a while ago too, but that kind of rep is hard to improve. Especially when the people you're now happy with haven't messed up yet.

11. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Is it my imagination, or are the same combination of parts available from Scan for £42 less? in these forums I'd say that much of a variance is relevant!

Tags: Add Tags