1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA responds to ex-exec criticisms

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Jan 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Since when were those games all a failure? EA sold 31 titles that sold over a million copies in the financial year to March 2009, better than the previous year, all of which I imagine the above games fall into.

3. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Regardless if they've done good or not they can still do better and i agree 100% with what he said.

4. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

Am I the only one who thinks EA are working toward some kind of world domination endgame?

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

NFS Undercover was shocking, like, unplayable, hell, I couldn't even complete it, because the game crashed every time I tried to start one of the main story missions.

Just started playing through Mirrors Edge though, and that's awesome. Never played Sport, but it looked alright.

Problem with EA has been the DRM, but IIRC, they are slowly getting rid of it aren't they?

6. Slash88

Slash88 Just starting out

All EA games are badly made.

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Mass Effect 2 disagrees.

8. licenced

licenced What's a Dremel?

EA what-now? World leader? I never voted.

9. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

Battlefield disagrees also... And the current benchmark, the one page everybody runs to when a new GPU comes out disagrees too (yes, crysis).

10. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

Hmm.. Battlefield, as mirror's edge is made by Digital Illusions (EA) while crysis is made by Crytek, EA just distribute it.

And well, since distribution is what we're talking here, remember that Crytek decided to to stop Crysis as a Pc exclusive, why you ask? because it didnt sold really well (digital and hard copies), now lets just imagine if it were only digital copies distribution,as EA claims is where the future is, and by future meaning two years. Crytek would be dead.

11. Molajoku

Molajoku What's a Dremel?

They should do Digital copies and if you really love the game you should be able to trade it in for a special edition hardcopy with artwork and special features like interviews etc.

£20 for the game
    £20 for the special edition (when handing back the activation code for your downloaded copy...making a total cost of £40 but with a little less sting as it's not all in one go and you already know you love the game)

12. Xir

Xir Modder

Newsflash:
    EA believes in EA
    Phew, who'd have thought that?

13. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

EAs response: blah blah blah, not listning not listing, blah blah blah, Mitch is a poo poo head, blah blah blah.

Tags: Add Tags