1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The PrePeat reusable printer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Feb 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

OMG reading in the bath! Win win!!

3. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i stopped printing stuff when ii stopped living with my parents. i never bought myself a printer and i'm perfectly fine with that. as tough this is a very interesting technology, i don't expect to have a specimen on my desk for some time.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds pretty good to me - I'll bet a lot of corporate customers will queue up for this if it can lower their carbon footprints.

5. Xir

Xir Modder

Hmmm, is one sheet of PET more ecological than 1000 sheets of (by nature biodegradable) paper?

6. Burdman27911

Burdman27911 What's a Dremel?

We use so much PET in plastic bottles (which can later be recycled), so I assume that reusable paper made from PET is practically a non-issue.

I wonder how thick each sheet of this "paper" will be? I think that the thickness (and the weight) will affect the use of this by corporations in the future. Color would be a nice step in the future as well, but I don't see how they will manage to do anything other than black and white (with maybe some shades between).

Also, I hope you don't take baths that are too hot, otherwise you might be erasing your pages while you soak in the tub.

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Not if the bath is really hot though :p

8. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

The problem is the first thing people do on printouts in meetings is either doodle or write notes on it! Both of which render the £2.15 sheet useless. Unless of course you can use special pens to do that with, which will no doubt cost money too.

9. Tyr

Tyr Minimodder

What if the reader is hot?

I mean if you are HOT with clothes on then this will just get erased as soon as it sees you in the nude!!!

:naughty:

Erm... I'll get my coat...

10. friskies

friskies What's a Dremel?

The "sign out" button is over there seinfeld

11. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

If its plastic, just use Dry Erase markers. Besides don't most people in corporate environments note-take on Netbooks/Notebooks/PDA's/insert-gadget-here ?

12. Xir

Xir Modder

You'd be amazed at the amount of paper still used.

Ask a beancounter to provide engineering staff with 300$ netbook/100$ PDA each or with a 5ct pencil and let them type it out afterwards?
    Typing out costs time, an engineer costs 100$ an hour so it'll repay for itself in...hmmm...we...let's go with the pencils!:D

Tags: Add Tags