1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News All future EA games to have online features, DLC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Feb 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

I know I'm gonna get shot down for asking this: but why shouldn't I be able to be a Genuine copy of a game second hand? I can do so with Cd's and DVD's but for some reason software in general but games inparticular seem want to have a buy new or not at all clause on them ...something that's actually runs contray to several thousand years of trade between human beings!

3. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I definatly enjoy online components more than ever at the moment, although my prefered method is ranking multiplayer. I have played hours of MW2 multiplayer and not a single minute of single player. I expect the same for battlefield BC2, have played hours and hours of the beta and love it.
    I probably wouldnt buy a game unless it had a well made multiplayer team or coop component. Might make an exception for HL3.

4. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

You can get the online part of Mass Effect 2 on xbox for 1200 points (£10) so if you get the game second hand you don't loose out.

5. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I love that he's promised this to investors rather than gamers. Another EA failure coming?

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Dead Space 2 is now console only :grr:

7. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Dead Space 2(PC): Q1 2011

8. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I echo fingerbob69's comments. What's wrong with a good old single-player game, and, more importantly, what's wrong with buying a game second hand, or selling one you don't like? I do hate the way software publishers are trying to enforce a non-transferable license policy on their products. I understand that you don't own the software, but you do own a license to use it. Therefore, you should be able to transfer the licence to another person and, if you wish, charge a fee for it.

9. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

PC gaming was dying slowly, then it made a come back against consoles, now with all this DLC, it will end up dying again.
    Saddened to see what is happening to PC gaming, consoles will overtake PC gaming, leaving us non-console (don't like consoles) people with no where to go..................
    No more EA games for me, already boycotted MW2 (until it reaches £9.99), moved onto other gaming titles, wonder how long it'll be before they go the same way.

Traditional PC gaming is dying a slow death, with this happening, hardware manufacturers will find it hard to sell the wares, simple commerce.

10. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

One good thing about EA though, at least there's not much in the way of DRM on Mass Effect 2 et al.
    (compared to Bioshock 2 there's practically none.)
    We ought to encourage the companies that do things right...

11. AiA

AiA Minimodder

So now future games will have more stuff left out that should have been included in the first place.

Think I might wait a little longer for Mass effect 2 drop in price before buying

12. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

In the end I do not think pc gaming is every dying but what is are the crappy companies that fail to meet the demand of the market. This is what is great about the market, we keep demanding quality and thus regulate out the crap like EA out of business in favor of new firms that will create products we actually want so they can make money.

13. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Why is it everying Evil in Gaming begins with D....DLC....DRM....

If i buy a game and its rubbish i want to trade it in. All i see nowadays is software companies complaining about piracy, If they didnt take advantage of the end user maybe less folk would do it.

It used to be you would get your game, and it would inevitably get patched and sometimes extra content would get added....FREE. No it seems that they take content out so they can sell it for more profit later, or make you pre order the game to get some unlocks or beta access.

Im the first to admit that i have pirated games in the past, and it makes me angry seeing companies like EA denying me content just because i cant afford or am willing to wait for second hand games.

Seeing DLC spread from the consoles to PC is NOT GOOD, and will only make more people turn to piracy. If a company wants to say were getting rewarded with extra DLC give it to us free. Im not a console player(most of the time) and i dont expect to be treated like one when i buy PC games.

14. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Pquiff just reminded me of the other trend that I dislike atm - having to preorder a game in order to beta test it. Beta testing is doing developers a favour, not the other way around. We should not have to pay for the "PRIVILEGE".

Tags: Add Tags