1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Monkey Island 2: Special Edition announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Mar 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Awesome!! Sadly, I never actually owned MI2, but now I can get the opportunity to play it through properly.

3. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

loved the first remake so will definitely be getting this. I hope they do as good a job as the last. What's wrong with Guybrush's hair? lol

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Still got the original first two Monkey Island games and my Amiga 1200 to play them on. But I must admit I did enjoy playing through the SE edition of the first game. I especially liked being able to flick between the old style graphics and the new. I will defiantly play this!

5. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

I was hanging out for this announcement, I was fairly sure it was going to happen but good to hear it confirmed.

I am a little concerned by the new control scheme to make players 'more connected' since Lucasarts don't have a great track record for this; Grim Fandango being a prime example, fantastic game but cumbersome controls, why fix it if it ain't broke?

Regardless, let's hope this continues, I'd love to see a remastered Day of the Tentacle :D

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I lost all my progress in the frist special edition. Best go play it again ready!

7. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Same here. 3 was out by the time I got to 2 (the joys of remote northern communities before the internet :sigh:) and I couldn't force myself to go back and play two - couldn't find a legit copy at the time either :(. I enjoyed 1 greatly. 3 was OK fun. I have a copy of 4 but don't even remember if I played it :confused:. Anyway - from what I've read 1 & 2 were the best so I'm looking forward to this. :clap:
    That was indeed awesome and unique at the time. :thumb:

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

what took them so long :)

9. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

It went downhill after Monkey Island 2 with all that stupid speech, it just took the fun out of it. And Guybrush looked like a right Puff in the later ones as well. And before anyone starts it was the Original Monkey Island that got me into computing in the first place, absolutely loved them first 2 games played them both through from start to end. Just play the original MI2 without the speech, you'll actually laugh out loud, its the only game EVER to make me do that.

10. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Yessssss!

Bring it on, hopefully we'll see them dip into the rest of their back catalogue.

11. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

While your at it, Lucas, why not remastered Grim Fandango, Star Wars: Roque Squadron 3D (loved that game, GF too). Hell yeah, finally getting to play MI2, never got to finished but boy, did I laugh so hard because of the game ='D Pure genious

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

1 - Amazing game
    2 - Holy crap this is the best
    3 - Slightly less holy crap, still amazing
    4 - So bad it deserves to be burned

IMHO

13. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I want X-Wing, and I want to fly using my mouse like the original please!!!

14. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

And in even better news, the pre-order DVD for tales of MI is now available to order :)

15. Xir

Xir Modder

Same, but using a Force Feedback Joystick. (yes I still own one)

Tags: Add Tags