1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo 3DS rumours abound

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Mar 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

My optimistic side would like to think that Nintendo are fed up with hearing how clever marketing allows them to sell crap, underpowered hardware at extortionate prices....which they do, and this time have decided to sell a market leading product that blows away the competition in terms of Gfx performance....

But i doubt it.

3. shanky887614

shanky887614 What's a Dremel?

actually the reason nintendo put the hardware they did in the ds is becasue it was never designed for first person shooters at all, its main target audience is all ages (and i mean younger than the psp's audience which is average people in 20's) and they conentrate on games like role-playing games and rpg's which dont require a lot of power

4. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

I wouldn't imagine viewing angles are a high priority on a DS anyway. If the image looks rubbish for people looking over your shoulder then all the better :p

5. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Oh look, a major advancement in 3D tech ...

... cue the readership who think 3D is still a gimmick.

6. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Keep hold of those bollocks gents while we wait for official word from Nintendo or reliable details from Bit-tech.

Either way, this will be at the usual high standard Nintendo have produced in recent years and no doubt keep putting Sony and Microsoft in the console market to shame.

7. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Performance to rival the gamecube? lol, must be great then /sarcasm

8. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Wont that be the 3DSwe've not yet nicked the i from apple, not yet XL for old people who are obviously a HUGE market? :-/
    Nintendo are just off their rocker

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

gamecube was fine ... It was just as powerful as the xbox and much more powerful than the ps2 so whatever

10. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

My phone has performance to rival two gamecubes and then some. I'm not saying the gamecube wasn't great, but times have moved on. If they said that it would have performance to rival the ps3 that would be news, but this is just talking so they don't shut up.

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Yeah okay I doubt that ... not that we could possibly compare anyways

12. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I am the proud owner of a Nokia n900. Hardware spec wise, it is more powerful than a Gamecube. Enough epeen-ing though, I just wanted to make the point that in 2010 being as powerful as the gamecube isn't really a big deal (awesome though I'm sure it was, at the time).

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I bitched a little but you're right, it's not really impressive considering the PSP came out 5 years ago

14. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Did you guys miss the bit where they said it has 3D capability without the need for glasses? And you know that that extra dimension adds so much more to gaming than just some Gamecube pixels?

I do wonder if it'll work as well as I hope, but who knows at this stage, my fingers are crossed!

15. Gizmo1990

Gizmo1990 What's a Dremel?

Granted this is a tech led site but some of the opinions here border on the idiotic. Good games do not require bleeding edge graphical capabilities as has been proven time and time again over the years. Suffice to say that I eagerly await the unveiling of the 3ds and will make my mind up on it then. But one things for sure, in the portable arena Nintendo have shown themselves masters of providing what consumers want and I don't see the 3ds as doing anything else other than continuing that trend.

16. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

It's nice to see so much being done to move things towards 3D in games and in film. But it will have to improve quite a bit before I will take it seriously or indeed spend money on it.

17. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Hah, I predicted it would be parallax displays in the other 3Ds thread. I rule!

18. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

On a slight side-note, am I the only one who isn't really 'getting' this whole 3d thing? I mean, sure, I've been to the cinema and it's kinda neat but I never miss it when it's not there, and when it is, I don't find it makes a big difference. Mind you, I haven't even made the jump to HD yet (my eyesight isn't good enough to tell the difference) so maybe I'm just a dinosaur :p

19. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

I've become religious about 3D. In 2004 I used stereoscopic shutter glasses with Far Cry and realised then that it was the future. Now Nintendo will push the 3DS without glasses ... that alone is a massive advancement over the cinema tech. Glasses-free TV's are being developed ... expensive - yes. 3D is definitely one of the fastest moving industries right now. Some people have argued it is a fad or a temp blip that will work itself out ... however when you look at what it was and what it is becoming ... a 3D tablet got announced today ... it's a never-ending push. And I'm going to enjoy the ride.

One of my friends couldn't perceive the 3D as well as myself and the other friend so it turns out that there will be people who's eyes won't allow them the full effect ... :geek:

Tags: Add Tags