1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News ECS is also making a mini-ITX H55 motherboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 19 Apr 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. amdavies

amdavies What's a Dremel?

It's nice to see this form factor being made mainstream.
    Pre-Intel's D201GLY, the only consumer game in town was VIA who charged an arm and a leg for a woefully under-powered and under-supported range of products.
    Now, in theory, you can build a perfectly adequate gaming machine in something not much bigger than the size of a shoebox (as opposed to the VIA solution, which had about the same power as a shoebox).

3. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

ugh.... ECS are the 'Foxconn' of old ages - I havent seen ECS come out with a decent board ever - the KN1 & KN2 were semi decent. they i think as a manufacturer they need to step back & re-evaluate their position - & either stick to making boards for OEMs such as dell & HP etc etc before trying to take on the mainstream market because there are similar boards that come with similar pricetags that are generally a lot better not just in performance, but build quality & Durability etc etc for that reason its hard to recommend ECS to anyone.

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I like this trend. I wouldn't mind seeing an 'extended ITX' format with more memory slots too. They might as well. The video cards will be hanging over that space anyway.

5. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

I have an ECS 6100PM-M2 board, most reliable and stable board I've ever owned, only cost me NZ$89 brand new (Currently US$39.99 on newegg), and runs a 10% overclock 24/7. They're getting a LOT better than they used to be. I was hesitant buying it after reading ECS reviews but it was a good purchase. Only time will tell if their newer boards will be as good!

6. 1_legged_sheep

1_legged_sheep What's a Dremel?

I have the ECS H55H-I in a SG05 with an i3-530. It's a great board. Running the i3-530 @ 4.074ghz stable and cool.

Tags: Add Tags