1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel P67 motherboard on show at ASRock

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 31 May 2010.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

heh heh heh, first post :)
    with the amount of RFP (raw floating power) sandy bridge is reported to have, it looks awesome already, and 2600 DDR3 memory is just bonkers, you have to be a seriously amazing overclocker to do that

overall, its a shame intel will not suppport USB 3.0 until 2012 but thats the only downside to the motherboard.

p.s any word on price?

3. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

well seems like the only immediate benefit for USB 3 is HD webcams, external SSD and external graphics solutions (as existing solutions only use ExpressCard PCIe x1 bandwidth anyways). So I don't really care if it takes a long time before this is "native". Meanwhile the NEC controller (I assume everbody uses this) do a great job.

4. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Heh, I'm still not used to Richard posting articles at all hours in the morning.

Quite nice to have something to procrastinate with when I'm up at ungodly hours finishing a project.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

no USB 3.0 is a real bummer.

not sure why Rich wrote "'only' 4 memory slots". is 4 not enough? surely we need to push memory manufacturers for denser memory rather than more slots on motherboard.

awesome shots though, BT exclusive :D

6. void

void What's a Dremel?

Wow I keep forgetting that a new socket is around the corner. But at this early stage I'm more interested in SandyBridge info and performance results.

7. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Possibly hoping tri channel would trickle to the prosumer boards? ive lost track of whats to come, and where the prosumer market is heading. So its the only thing i can think of.

8. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

hey, hang on a min, doesnt it comes with 2 USB 3.0 Ports????? if you look on the second picture, ull see 2 USB 3.0 ports are part of its specification

now im comfused :V

9. Otacon

Otacon What's a Dremel?

The motherboard may come with USB 3 support but it will be from an add on chip rather than the main chipset like current boards do.

10. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Says at the top of the third pic its an NEC USB 3.0 chip rather than support being built into the P67 Chipset

11. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

I'd like to see triple channel, but until the memory controllers support it (like those on 1366) there is no point :(

I believe 2011 is going to support quad channel (8 slots) memory, although according to some guy from intel, whom I spoke to at channel expo 2010, 1366 is going to see new stuff Q3/4 and 2011 isn't going to appear till Q3/4 2012!

12. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Come on! At this point in the game ALL Mobo's should have 16x PCi-E slots no matter how many slots are being used. Just friggin make them all X16 for crying out loud as I hate X8 + X8 because it gimps crossfire/sli set ups. if you manufactures really love us consumers you will make them all X24 :)

4 memory slots are good but 6 slots are better or just buy 4 sticks of 4GB memory (after selling a kidney of course)

Last edited: 31 May 2010
  13. MorpheusUK

MorpheusUK a Noob that knows something

with all the posts about no USB 3.0, that's not an epic fail, in actual fact it leaves it open for the USB 3.0 card market, that way you also free up (albeit not much) CPU, n/b, s/b what ever would be needed to process the USB bridge.

14. kiwik

kiwik What's a Dremel?

You don't understand how things work.

15. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I'd have to disagree, with the massive speed gain of USB 3 over USB 2 to have new boards not supporting it is pretty fail.

16. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Yep.

17. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Do we really still need more than 1 PCI card slot?

18. borandi

borandi What's a Dremel?

^^ This response.

Tags: Add Tags