1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blur PC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Jun 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

I played the Blur demo, and I didn't like it. The powerups were annoying and the health bar wasn't nice either. On the other hand, Split/Second's demo is amazing. One nice idea executed so well.

3. Rotcrack

Rotcrack Food Maestro.

+1

4. steve30x

steve30x What's a Dremel?

I played Blur and it blew big time. I havent played split second yet. The only reason I decided to play Blur is because a trailer I saw said you can turn off the powerups but I never saw that option so I decided to give the game a chance anyway. The game would be a lot better without those those stupid powerups.

5. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I still want to give this game a shot, split/second looks really good though.

6. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I rather like Blur. Yet to play Split/Second but I hear it blows Blur out of the water.

7. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I have both Blur and Split/Second.

While Split/Second makes a much better first impression (those explosions are gorgeous), Blur has way more longevity.

Split/Second is great but it starts with a show stopper and once you've seen all the set pieces blown up, there isn't much left.

Whereas Blur has a much better fleshed out multiplayer and that MW style "just one more level up" addictiveness.

tl;dr: you can't go wrong with either game but Blur will probably last you longer.

8. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

'Lights'? Aren't they supposed to be 'fans' actually?

9. sc.uk^cRoSsFir3

sc.uk^cRoSsFir3 What's a Dremel?

I actually think the opposite to the first 3 comments. I got very bored with Split Second compared to Blur and i think it's because of the power ups and general FUN factor.

Taking away power ups would make Blur very boring very quickly. People that don't like the power ups generally haven't got to grips with them yet. Once you start using them properly combined with 20 people races it really does become an epic game.

10. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Played this on wednesday on the 360 in gamestop. Seemed decent enough and was a nice spin on racing. Courses are fairly long and plenty of jumps and alternate routes keep it exciting. BTW does the PC version have 2 player split screen support? A game like this is always great when having a mate round, 2 controllers and a bit of head to head racing/destruction lol.

11. CardJoe

A quick google says no.

12. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I though the lights represented fan support or something. I know after winning a race and taking the lead and shooting other cars my fan support went up.

13. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

I haven't played either this or Split Second, but based on the reviews Split Second seems more appealing to me. Will probably get both eventually though.

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Blur only seems to be able to support xbox 360 controllers. i was trying to get a 4-player game going with 2 xbox 360 controllers, 1 logitech rumblepad 2 and a keyboard. the rumblepad isn't recognised.

15. spazmochad

spazmochad Minimodder

You basically get for each race: lights depending on your final position, a light to represent earning enough fans from blowing people up, drifting etc and a light to say you went through a series of gates.

16. sc.uk^cRoSsFir3

sc.uk^cRoSsFir3 What's a Dremel?

I've really got to stop trying to get all the lights every race i do on single player. I'm spending about 45minutes on each race to try and get full marks rofl

17. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

But it's from Satans spawn, so no. I'll stick with Burnout for my arcade racing thanks.

18. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

No chance of a video playthrough, like in AvP? I'd be interested in seeing this on the move.

19. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

^^ Gametrailers have a video review.

pimonserry likes this.
  20. CardJoe

Usually, I'd be happy to - but Bryn doesn't work anywhere near London and half the team is out of the office at the moment...

Tags: Add Tags