1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Transformers: War for Cybertron Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Jul 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

I got it on the day of it's American release, yay for Direct2Drive, and it's the best Transformers game by far. Considering the past versions that isn't that hard, but it's enjoyable and the transformations are seamless.

Wasn't all that hard though, finished the single player very quickly.

3. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

V first line of the review... "robot-cum-vehicles" :D

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

looks interesting, however being that activision had part to do with it makes me a little worried

5. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I'm actually playing this right now, and I must say that it is quite enjoyable.
    Nothing ground breaking but considering that I'm amused and the fact that I am controlling Optimus Prime, I think it is worth it!

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I had never even heard of the game before now, which means that if it flops, Activision will have no right whatsoever to blame piracy for it.

Where was the marketing ?

7. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Looks reasonably interesting for a Transformers game, shame it's an Activision title really. It really puts me off.

8. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

Sounds good that its better than the last couple of movie tie-ins
    But why does it get a 7/10 if the review has 95% positive comments, more info is needed or just that extra comment in the conclusion to justify, i.e not new or groundbreaking

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

The last decent transformers game was the Transformers: Armada based one on the PS2. This one does sound like it could be another decent game.

10. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

Very enjoyable game, horrible design decisions.
    Why, OH WHY, does this game lack key customization? I'm OK with not having graphics options (especially since the game runs smooth - and by smooth I mean at the capped 30 fps), but not being able to map the functions in the way that suits me, without the use of 3rd party software, is something we haven't seen since... I don't know, 1990?

Thankfully, for the frame rate cap, someone made a little progie that removes it during play.
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_60722.shtml if anyone's interested. It actually makes the transformations look nicer :)

Tags: Add Tags