1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SilverStone FT02R-W Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 12 Aug 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

One thing that always bugged me about this and the similarly designed raven how easy is it to plug cables in and then get the 'lid' back on [thinking of the relatively inflexible PSU/DVI cables my pc has here]?

Otherwise i was looking of getting this or the FT01 to replace my [frankly terrible] Antec 1200...

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

It's fine. It's something I thought would be an issue but as you might be able to make out from the pics, the I/O panel and expansion slots are recessed a little and this gives the cables more than enough room to bend round. even a DVI cable.

4. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Given the posistion of the Mobo connections, i assume this case is a waste of time for someone who keeps his Pc on the desk next to the monitor, rather than tucked underneath the desk......

5. devilxc

devilxc Biding my time...

Good review. Sounds like a great case. Only issue is the window, if only it was flush.

The striking red looks nice although the case is too far above my budget!

6. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Looks niiiiiiice. If only I could justify spending that much cash on a new case.

7. Combatus

It's not that different really, the cables still come out the rear of the case so isn't going to look like some hideous creature out of Greek Mythology if you do have it on your desk.

8. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Any idea if the FT01 is going to receive the same Air Penetrator fans?

9. Combatus

How much was your graphics card when you bought it? Chances are you'd be keeping your case longer before you need to upgrade it too. The airflow is so good, you may even be able to overclock things a little more too :D

10. Combatus

We were only told the Raven RV02 and standard FT02 would receive the upgrade but we can check. I believe they sell the fans separately so you could even replace them.

11. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Lovely case. I'm currently torn between the HAF X, Corsair 800D and this one.

12. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Cheers, I am wondering if these fans are suitable as an exhaust (for an FT01).

Also, it a b****y deep case, 616mm! It is going to be big sitting on top of a desk.

13. REMF

REMF What's a Dremel?

I have the standard black version of this case, and i love it!

14. mpr

mpr What's a Dremel?

I was under the impression that coolers with heat pipes, specifically the GTX 480s do not agree with the top mount layouts?

This case is impressive, don't get me wrong, but I would like to see a hybrid cooler tested in this format just to see what the effects really are.

15. Senilex

Senilex Not a Troll. Honest.

The Red Interior makes this looks like a Fisher Price case, plus the fact it has silly round the wrong way I/O panels. Definitely not I would cool pleasing on the eye at all imo. But then each to their own.
    I cant fault the cooling as it does a very good job so deserves a high score. However what "Features" does it have to justify such a high score? One would would think it has the same amount / quality of features as say the HAF X which get a 9 too, but by reading the review I cant see this.

16. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I'll wait until the 600T from Corsair arrives before deciding. But it will be the 600T or this model (maybe not the limited edition one) for my next update.

17. Combatus

It's definitely more impressive in the flesh.

It does indeed have similar features to the HAF X - three large fans, similar drive bays and tool-free fittings. The FT02R-W has fan control which is a big plus in our book while the HAF X makes up for this with USB 3 and eSATA ports.

18. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

garglaglegalrlaglarlaglgargl.............. hmmmmm........... red silverstone.......................

/drool

19. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

VERY nice looking case, and excellent cooling!

20. Apoptosis

Apoptosis What's a Dremel?

Wow, what an ugly case. The bright red makes it look extremely tacky. If I were to buy it, I would wait for the regular one with updated fans.

Tags: Add Tags