1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware ASRock P55 Extreme4 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Aug 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

DELETED BY MODERATOR.

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Aug 2010
  3. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

I had an asrock 939 board a few years go when AMD was king. It wouldn't wake up from sleep either. Otherwise a decent board though, especially for £50. Asrock really needs to keep the price down to make its products worthwhile

4. memeroot

Come on!!!

my comment stated

"lame"

lets look at the definition
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lame
    "3. Weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory"

hardly suitable to be overwritten by a mod which implies I wrote something rude or otherwise....

sure it was a brief remark - but heck the review could have been summarised by 'overclocking didnt work and not as good a board costing 30% less - link to scan selling other board)

BTW

that compare comments bit is cool!

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I could also say lame, but it would be in a sentence explaining why it is lame. Thats probably why your comment was moderated.

I have a AMD Extreme 3 board and love it. No problems with waking up from sleep at all. I find the performance of the Intel Extreme4 rather confusing. Especially the sata performance of the marvel. Must be something very wrong with the board bios or board design.

6. stupido

stupido What's a Dremel?

It is a pity for the performance... I really really like the layout.

You could even SLI/CF triple-slot cards and still have PCIex1 spare for the sound card!
    Also the SATA6 ports are up so they will not be obstructed by the graphic card(s)

7. Xir

Xir Modder

Doesn't sound too good. How's the X58 variant, Asrock x58 Extreme?

8. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

Doesn't Turbo Boost go by how close the CPU is to its TJ Max, and not voltage/power draw? I have my i7 set to 4.0 Ghz using a 21x multiplier and even under heavy load it never drops down to 20x or 19x.

9. memeroot

@Obiwan

yes thats true but should we only be able to express our selves with more words than required?

is Xir's comment any better?

If I'd said

"lame. is other thing better" would that be ok?

is it the fact he used 4 words to describe 'lame' the difference or the fact that he asked a relatively unconnected question?

let me paraphrase your response

"I could also say lame, but it would be in a sentence explaining why it is lame. Thats probably why your comment was moderated. "

could read

"I could use one word but I could use more and more would have been ok"

"I have a AMD Extreme 3 board and love it. No problems with waking up from sleep at all. I find the performance of the Intel Extreme4 rather confusing. Especially the sata performance of the marvel. Must be something very wrong with the board bios or board design."

could read

"I have a different board and it works fine, this board is lame"

10. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

^Lame, get over yourself already.

Shame really, it looks like such a great board overall, just let down by some dodgy features.

11. memeroot

@SuicideNeil

it is more a discussion of what is acceptable on these forums.....

the comment section at present reads

memeroot 5 hours ago
    DELETED BY MODERATOR.

this was due to the fact that I summerised the review into the sigular term

"lame"

If someone would like to identify why this was not a suitable summary then thats what the to a fro of a comments page is.

however

memeroot 5 hours ago
    DELETED BY MODERATOR.

could equally be viewed as

memeroot 5 hours ago
    "asked young frogs to pleasure her by constant frolicing"

which is quite difference and would miss represent me as a fun and interesting individual.

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

^*Sighs* I used to be a moderator on another website, and it's crap like this that made me give up.

OT: Glad to finally see a mobo with a USB3 header; shame it's not a good performer though.

13. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

I was the one who moderated the comment, and I've PM'd Memeroot. Not had time to drop into the comments thread up until now - it's just me in the office as everyone else is at Multiplay!

14. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Question what is that small circle thats part of the digital coax to the left? above the optical?

15. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

good question, HourBeforeDawn ... I contacted ASRock about it, and was told "don't worry about it, the IO sheild will cover it." When I replied that their answer was insufficient, I was given the only slightly better description of "This small hole is for fixed the goods, if you put IO shield on it, it won't show up." Grammar aside, it appears to be for ensuring the parts stay attached to the motherboard(?). Asus and other P55 chipset motherboard developers seem to have the same hole near their S/PDIF sockets as well.

Tags: Add Tags