1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Guest-56605, 27 Aug 2010.

1. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

You did more than me then - but I just have to await mine to all arrive from the same company tomorrow... Will post on here when they arrive if it's early to wind you up :)

Glad the twins are good though - I was a little put off by the design of the fan - looked OTT but will look good with the EK block on. Did you consider an EK back plate for the top card?

2. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

Fair play

How are you planning your loop? I am getting a little concerned with the amount of tubing I have left - should have ordered more!

At the moment it is Resorator (Pump) > CPU > Radiator > GPU > Resorator.

Looks like I may have to run: Resorator > CPU > GPU > Radiator > Resorator

Well I suppose if that doesn't work I can order different tubing and then do it however after. I could do with getting some better barb clips as I am using clips designed for 8mm/12mm on 3/8" barbs at the mo - they just fit!

3. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! You can't run CPU>GPU!!! well you can if you want, but it'll ramp the temps right up.

4. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

I bought the resorator as a kit as everyone on overclockers was saying it wouldnt cool enough, I wanted to give it a go, and love the look of the tower. I also wanted total silence as the PC is in the bedroom. I leave it playing music some times while we nod off to sleep.

It did work without the added radiator, but was just on the limits for a 965 and a 4870. I have since made additions, with the plan on going for an xspc and 655 rad/bay. I may then use the resorator for cooling the motherboard, as EK do a chipset block for my board - or use it for my old AMD server / XBMC machine connected to my TV - the tower would look cool in the living room.

It all depends how much work I do and how much money I earn (I.T. consultant). As you can guess recently work has been good. Luckily there isn't much more I can do to my PC after this (other than SLI)...

5. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

Can you link me to the one you used in the utgard - and when you say silent - do you mean silent or just quiet? I have very sensitive ears!

6. Timlander

Timlander Simm Saver

I think those twins are ready to be turned on. :D

7. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

Mine arrived today. Currently have the loop running with just the CPU at the mo and using the fan.

Next job is fitting the block.... shall I time it :p

8. bulldogjeff

Those blocks and the fittings look pukka mate...WoooHooo. Going to look well cool when it's done. Nice one Paul:thumb:

9. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Agreed, the nickel plexi blocks and fittings look really good. :thumb:

10. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

Looks great!

I fitted the GPU block my own way, not the way in the manual - seemed to be easier my way but that could just be me.

I spent more time trying to work out the best route for the tubing after!

Will take some pics tomorrow, really happy though :) - plus the 460 vs 5770 in Heaven Benchmark blew it out of the water - nearly twice as fast at some settings!

11. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

Gotta coupla questions for you - you seem the right kind of person to know, as you seem to have used both:
    The pump in the XSPC res/pump you linked to - how does that compare to your CPX-1, in terms of performance and noise - my other choice is a D5/655 but it is more expensive.

With fittings, I have always stuck to barbs with clips, as that was what was with the Zalman kit. It used 8mm ID / 12mm OD I believe, but I have been buying 3/8" barbs which work fine. I also read that they can improve flow over compression fittings. Have you gone compression for looks or am I wrong with what I have read - I hope I am wrong because they would look great on the EK blocks! Also the fittings you are using are a sort of plexi effect to them - which ones are they - do they do them as standard straight fittings or just 90 degree?

Just to confirm, you have one roof radiator with 2 x 120mms and 1 floor radiator with 2 fans and 2 shrouds? What sort of speeds are you running the fans at?

I have 4 Scythe S-Flex Es running at about 450rpm in a push/pull around an XSPC RX240 rad.

I did think about a roof radiator too (if I ditch the Zalman for my server), but I am running 2 x 140 Fractal Design Silence fans up there, and dont't think they work well with a normal rad (plus it would have to be the thinner RS240 as there isn't enough room) I have seen someone use 140mm fans on the roof with a rad in a 690-II before though - can't remember who.

12. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

WTF????? :eeek:

Mate, seriously, get out more...

:D :lol:

13. bagman

bagman Minimodder

those water blocks you bought do they come with pre drilled mounting holes for LEDs?

thanks

14. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

When you did the BIOS updates - did you try resetting all data to defaults too (clear DMI area I think). I had a couple of issues with my Gigabyte 790XTA which required me to do that.

Also the old power off, remove power for 30 seconds, power on just to be sure - although I guess you have had the power off for longer than that when doing the WC'ing.

Did you mention the CPX-1 will fit in a bay reservoir? An XSPC one?

15. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

Ah OK - I like the idea of a bay reservoir, notice I said I like the idea, I don't need it, just got the BUG!

16. Baekkel

Baekkel Picky Picture Villian

they say patience is a virtue... but this..
    It's on the virge of lunacy..

Nothing worse that a DOA board..
    Hang tight mate, perhaps it's time to shine up on the small details, if any shining be needed :)

17. bulldogjeff

OMG, he's getting all poetic on us now.:eeek:

18. iceboi714

iceboi714 What's a Dremel?

ahh so close!!!...what fitting did u use between the 2 video cards? and the one below the bottom video card? I guess i will try to look it up too. Looking good.

BTW thanks for the quick response for the screw lengths you use with the phobya shrouds...I picked some up really quick and tested 2/3 slots on my 360 RAD only cuz i didn't want to remove everything only to find out not much improvement...but good improvement so far... :brrr:

gonna water cool my GTX480 this weekend...I not into modding my case much so the only way to do it for me is RES > PUMP > 360 RAD > CPU > 120 RAD > GPU

not trying to thread steal or anything...just wanna show you my gratitude :rock:

HURRY UP AND FINISH!!! :D...I expect it to be done this weekend...

19. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

You just showing off now, these damn southerners.

LOL nice work bud and cannot wait to see it totally finished. My day of finishing the mouse has been screwed as it raining gggrrrr

20. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Driving me insane more like. Oh well I guess it's all day playing CoD4