1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Logitech G700 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Sep 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Wait a second... you can't take out the batteries when running it in wired mode? :eyebrow:

3. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Still loving my Sidewinder X8. It has absolutely no problems in wireless mode, and it's cheaper too :)

4. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

So, since the score this review was given was dependant on a fix, does that mean it'll get a re-review once the fix is released? It'd be nice to know there's an alternative to the Mamba!

5. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

I love my G700 i sold my razer mamba to buy it and ive had zero problems playing online games with it in wireless,BFBC2 is way better than the old razer :)

6. tozsam

tozsam What's a Dremel?

So what are my choices for a wireless gaming mouse. I am currently using the microsoft intelimouse 2, but the scrollwheel click (which I use a hell of a lot, for panning in 3ds max) is just about dead. I am looking for a mouse with plenty of useable (comfortable reach) macrobuttons, again for 3ds max. The mouse needs to be wireless, because my PC is at the back of the room with the projector.

7. DBA

DBA I do my modding with a spoon

It looks like a prototype with those big clumsy buttons and bulky cable connector. But I've never really liked Logitech mouses, anyway.

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

A couple of typos:
    "There's a power switch on the bottom of the mosue to save battery power."
    "performance which maked the G700 horrid"

Also you CAN remove the battery when using it in wired mode. I don't know why you would want to, as the point of the cable is to charge the cable, but nonetheless that can be done.
    Also other than that I disagree with just about everything said here.. The left extra buttons can be reached and configured to what ever you like, the extra thumb buttons can easily be reached and... I haven't found the power save to be "infuriating" either. In fact I've been happy with it, and after having used the MX610, the power save mode should shoot nails through my palm to be any more annoying. The only nags I have is the left side which feels a bit uncomfortable for my thumb and the fact that the charging cable is rather thick.

I suppose this goes to highlight the amount of personal opinion in peripheral reviews :)

9. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Wow. 85 Pounds?!

10. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Loving the number of buttons on that. Shame it's so expensive

11. dangerman1337

dangerman1337 Minimodder

Despite being wireless, quite a rip-off for £85, you can get the G500 for £30 now.

12. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Dont forget the mamba was £99 when it came out and this mouse is better for games.

13. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Ugly looking things.

14. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Meh. I was definitely waiting this:(

15. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Buy it mate its a great mouse.

16. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah people are forgetting that the similar mice form other companies aren't any cheaper :wallbash: The Mamba is still over £90 and the Cyborg R.A.T.9 is over £100. Really the only thing cheaper is the Microsoft X8, which, I think, is too chunky for most users and has also been on the market the longest.

17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

i'm currently using this old mx700 that i actually found on the street (it even had the charger!). it works great, and is surprisingly more functional in linux than it is in windows. i'm not really picky when it comes to precision, and i cannot play a modern game without the thumb buttons. but, when i saw the picture of the g700 my first thoughts were "overkill". seriously you could probably replace every keyboard command except W, A, S, and D in the average game you play. 1 hand should not have that much attention. if this were a gamepad that'd be like having 4 trigger buttons for the left hand while you can control the left thumb stick, which would could be pressed down as a button along with another 2 buttons on the surface of it. like sure that'd be 7 buttons and a control stick all conveniently located where all your fingers are, but its unnecessary and eventually confusing. personally, i don't think most people could handle this. if i had a mouse like this, i'd find myself pausing the game so i could remember which button does what. its a lot easier to split your controls between 2 hands.

18. Gunter

Gunter What's a Dremel?

Grammar Nazi attacks!
    "The separate wireless receiver is tiny and once fitted into any rarely used USB 2 port instantly connects the mouse. There's a power switch on the bottom of the mosue to save battery power."

I'm fairly surprise no one notice, toughts about this mouse why they realease this at all?

19. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah I dunno how that mouse could sell.. it looks aweful

20. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

looks like crap :( (even uglier and cheaper looking than a razer mouse) very disappointed, i expected awesomness of G500 + some cool stuff and wireless of course...

Tags: Add Tags