1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Sep 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Your up bright and early Joe. :eeek:

Another variation on the Coolermaster theme. They all look rather alike inside and out.

3. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

Maybe I'll get one of these. I've been wainting for this review to see the stock cooling performance, a 200mm exhaust and maybe another 120mm on the side... great performance for it's size I think.

4. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

From the moment i saw it, i knew this would be my next case when i do a complete new Pc build in January....

I like the styling, i like the price and i especially like the internal space for cable management, gfx cards and big CPU coolers.......which ensures at least 2-3yrs of space for upgrades....

Thnx for the review.....

5. xXSebaSXx

xXSebaSXx Minimodder

Downer for us US folk... the Egg is not stocking the 912P; only the 912 which comes with the bare alu interior instead of the nice black finish of the 912P. I have yet to find a US eTailer that stocks the 912P. I guess my cheapo build will have to go on with the Utgard unless I find a 912P within the next week or so.

6. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

I must agree with that Wayland-Yutani design style all HAF cases have. I got its oldest brother 932(now with 8 fans installed). Only fault with these cases is that CM is making some of them with alu interior instead of black paint, its degrading its overall look.

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

It's Weyland-Yutani btw ;)

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You won't get the P. CM is not shipping the Plus to the US. I don't know why :/

9. vivaladan

vivaladan What's a Dremel?

Not a mention of the cases radiator mounting potential. What's the point in mentioning the Laing pump mount if you don't expand on how well the case will work out under water? Would it kill you guys to even take a photo or two with a radiator inside to show your readers what the clearance would be like? This is especially important considering the HAF series are strong in the water flexibility department.

10. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

Why did I have to Google the Coolermaster site to find out that this is a Mid-Tower case?
    One sentence you describe this case as "chunky" and 2 sentences later you refer to it as "dinky." I don't know where you live but here in the U.S., "dinky" means "small and/or cheap."

11. echeb

echeb What's a Dremel?

now, the big question. £20 extra for this of is the three-hundred still the safer bet?

12. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

They did mention it...bottom of page 1, last paragraph...

"There are also mounts in the roof for a dual 120mm radiator but if you want to fit one of these it’ll have to be an external one as there isn’t enough internal clearance between the motherboard and the mounts to fit a radiator and fan assembly."

13. CozaMcCoza

CozaMcCoza What's a Dremel?

For a good functionality case that sure is as ugly as any other case I have seen!

14. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

A small case with chucky features perhaps? ;)

Have to say, quite like this case coming in at this price point, sounds pretty good to me...

Remember getting my 931 stacker a few years ago and being so disappointed with the quality for £110 case.

15. Hazchem

Hazchem Minimodder

God. Why are there so many ugly cases at the moment? Seems only Lian-Li can make something that doesn't look like a power station had sex with a chainlink fence.

16. ehume

ehume What's a Dremel?

I like numbers. I like the numbers you post for cooling. It tells me I want a Silverstone, but it would be nice some day to see what temps a fully fanned HAF 912 would do. But then you'd have to max out all the cases, and that's not so practical.

What would be practical is this: Post Height, Length, Width . . . and distance between the motherboard tray and the back panel. I think I read on the CM site that this is 16mm. But you had trouble with the cramped space, and commented on that. How about measuring it and posting a number?

17. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

One word: Hideous!

18. frenchscottie

frenchscottie Garlic & Haggis

It looks as if it should be Kaki Green colour and sitting on/under army officers table.

19. nesh

nesh What's a Dremel?

If this had a led switch like the 922 has I 'd definitely use it for my budget build. As it is though,and since I m not a led fan and budget doesn't really rhime with having to replace the stock fans I 'll pass

Tags: Add Tags