1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Taipei Invention Show 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 4 Oct 2010.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

2. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

"When we asked how it compared to industry behemoths such as the Corsair H50, CoolIT Eco ALC or even air coolers such as the Thermaltake Frio or Titan Fenrir though, the ProLynn team were not even aware of them."

Thats just bad research!
    Altough does look interesting.

3. Fractal

Fractal I Think Therefore I Mod

I agree, it does seem to be bad research. However the concept has potential. With a decent TEC (with the size of modern PSUs we can spare quite a bit of current) and larger water cooling apparatus much lower temperatures could be achieved. I realise this has been done before but it would be interesting to see as an all-in-one system to rival the Corsair H50 / H70 and similar closed loop water cooling only systems.

4. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

I too find that VERY hard to believe! That's like Lamborghini saying, "No, sorry, we've never heard of Ferrari!"

5. CharlO

CharlO What's a Dremel?

What do you mean by that?? THERE IS ACTUALLY PEOPLE COOLING WITH WATER THEIR CPUS?? ****! So we weren't getting a CustomPc from year 2018??

6. Hakuren

Hakuren What's a Dremel?

That tape is a brilliant idea. Doing some major mods to a case will be even more simple. You don't need to measure everything 10 times. Just slap tape where it is required and you have all data constantly at your fingertips.

7. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Not their idea though. The curling rink I used to goto when I was in highschool has been around since before I can remember(edit: built in 1970). It has a long pole with a device at the end that grabs the bulb and can be used to unscrew it.
    And I'm sure that they got the idea from somewhere else.

8. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I think the price of that TEC setup will determine if its a hit or not- how much would people be willing to pay for an all-in-one system that is both smaller & more/equally efficient to convenential comparable all-in-one systems?...

9. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

The Tec setup seem magical: nearly no water flowing, nearly no amp used and still good result according to them. In some kind if a way it's disappointing for all the one who invested in extreme cooling a need a 1.2k Psu to power it up.

10. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

With regards to all in one setups like the TEC/water hybrid mentioned I think they probably sell more on the strength of including these as tickbox features than the actual performance they deliver.

11. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

This TEC cooler will blow the likes of the Corsair H50 / H70 and such out of the water, It's awesome, Make It a 240x120 radiator and I think They'd have a bullet proof all in one cpu cooling system, I know I'd buy one.

12. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

A little hard to believe the claims for the tec cooler.

13. bobisgod

bobisgod What's a Dremel?

No its more like Lamborghini saying, "No, sorry, we've never heard of Toyota!"
    You can't compare Ferrari to cheapish Cpu coolers (compared to a WC setup)

14. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

It just makes absolutely no sense. The EC cooler is so small, it might as well not be there at all, leaving you with a small watercooling setup powered off the mobo pins. Move along people, nothing to see here!

Tags: Add Tags