1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News World of Warcraft: Cataclysm release date announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Oct 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

nice, you published the news just a bit later than other sources - but good reaction times Bit!
    So, should i now reactivate my account which has been standing on the shelf for about 2 years in the total time frame of 3 years? (meaning i've been playing on and off again).

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Oh. Joy. I used to be SO addicted to this game, but thankfully gave it up before it completely ruined my life. Even my cousins, who used to be just as nuts as I was (I'm talking 8 hour playing sessions every night, etc) are now waning with Cataclysm, as it seems Blizzard are just rehashing the same old, same old with this other than a few changes.

I'm glad and thankful to say that Blizzard will not see me as a returning customer with this expansion. I am done for good with WoW. Good luck to those that continue to play. It's a hard addiction to crack, but it can be done :)

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Apologies, I was getting lunch.

5. Otacon

Otacon What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to this.

As much as I enjoy the end game grind I also like the questing so it will be good to start a new character and see how they have rebuilt azeroth and the leveling system.

Also in the more about section on the right you've got blizzard and blizzardrd as options.

6. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Time for the WoW-fiends to get a re-up.

October likes this.
  7. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

I seriously can't wait for this now. Should feel like a new game, with the amount of changes coming.
    BC and Wotlk were puny compared to this.

And i still find it funny how people can claim to be so addicted to this? How can it ruin your life? You ruined your own life. I seriously think those folk just play it on.

8. CharlO

CharlO What's a Dremel?

Swap te engine! We are running a modded VW Gol from year 2002, you can have as many decals as you won't but still suck.

9. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Not eveyone looks at other sources.

10. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

i know, it wasn't meant as a serious remark - i hope no one took it as such :)

and, i also found out only 'cause i got it linked from someone just a bit earlier.
    Anyhow, just to make sure no one took me the wrong way: i was trying to make a sort of a joke, which obviously didn't come out as I wanted it to.
    suffice to say, it was meant basically as a compliment :D

11. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Used to be sooo addicted to WoW lol. Heh. Anywhoo, the new release sounds good but I won't fall back into bad habits. ;)

12. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

I've lost many a good friend to this game, seen marriages suffer, kids neglected. I'm not even exaggerating for dramatic effect either. If I had kids I think I'd be more relived if they became dope heads then started playing this game, at least they would have to leave the house from time to time to score then...

13. rollo

rollo Modder

If you raid endgame your life will suffer as your commuted to 4 of 7 nights a week for a mid range guild who might actually beat the content, if you want world top 10 11am to 2am 7 days a week is considered normal on release of new content, attend or be kicked culture

I quit wow got bored of same old crap again and again.

Waiting in star wars or jumpgate evo

Ff14 us fun time passer though

14. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

I'm tempted I have to say. I haven't logged into my account since last November, there are some nights I miss it but often I get by.

However the prospect of playing the old game, with the old zones revamped and flying mounts sounds great. I loved vanilla and BC raiding. The game lost its way with WotLK.

15. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

There is no way I'll be playing that game again. After the massive let down that is WoTLK raiding I can't say I'll ever trust it again. Tried to play at the start of Sept. but gave up after two weeks of seeing that nothing has changed. Pug raids are supposed to be those terrible 10 man groups that people try to get together for Karazhan before the Tuesday reset. I should never see them seriously advertised in Trade chat as competitive play! Likewise, in an MMO game which is touted for its social aspect, I should not be able to join a dungeon queue, enter a group, complete a heroic and leave without saying a single word. The thought of dumping in another $50 for an expansion on top of a monthly fee for such trash makes me sad.

16. jimjam205

jimjam205 What's a Dremel?

Woop cant wait! although it will be the last chance i give WoW, if its not like the old days of end game rading etc then its bye bye subscription

You shouldnt have pugs for LK even if he has been kicking around for months. Bring back the old days where you needed to progress through content, not jus spend a week farming heroics for a ilvl 245/232 setup :/

17. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

That made my morning :D
    Exactly the reason I love bit-tech :thumb:

18. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

Least exciting news ever.

19. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

There is a temptation to go back with this release and at least give the new content a play out for a few months. Swore I wouldn't but there is a temptation.

Thats wow all over though is it not?!?

20. benjjamin

benjjamin needs MORE POWER!

Used to play it a bit back but gave it up, the new expantion does look good but instead of buying it i will just go round to my freinds house (who is a BIG wow player) and have a go there first and if i like it then il get it.

Tags: Add Tags