1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bloody Good Time Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Nov 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Hmmm... £4....

3. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Got it for £3.59 last weekend, agree completely with the review but considering what i paid its a great buy, should get me a fair few hours of fun.

4. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Going by the 2 trailers on steam they have NO idea how to market it so it has to be £4 or no one would bother. I might give it a go but I have just recently gotten back into TF2 and the last thing I need is more online games. Will see

5. TheLink

TheLink What's a Dremel?

Have been playing this for a couple of days and heck.... it's really fun ! For the price, great stuff.

6. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

It's fun, it's easy to pick up, and I got it for £3.59. A decent game for the price of a beer - can't be bad.

If we were to pay similarly for other games, I'd recently have only had to pay a tenner for Civ V.

7. serial_

serial_ What's a Dremel?

My entire office started playing this last week, and one thing the review left out was the LAN aspect of the game. This game in a lan environment is absolute gold. The creative kill methods and bizarre antics you can pull are the perfect concoction for yelling at each other from across the room/dorm/office.

Today while leaving the office some of my coworkers shouted at another "HACKER! YOU EVIL, ANGRY LITTLE CLOWN!" We've really been enjoying it.

I agree with the article for the most part, but one thing I'd like to clarify is that the game clearly states that the guards are there because of suspected murders in his previous films. Director X didn't put them there, the studio did. Essentially the director wants you to kill each other, but the studio doesn't. Hence the mayhem, hence the guards.

Aside from that, the weapon of choice (I play Scout in TF2) is the baseball bat + the speed pill Murder Aid. Oh! That's one more thing the review forgot! MURDER AIDS! There are all these kooky contraptions in the game (like a mechanical sheep that plays lullabies that will force players in a zone around it to go to sleep) that will help you kill your target. Most are some form of Crowd Control, but some are just pure buffs, and it helps add some variety to the game. Especially since the guards will Tazer you and take away your weapon if you have it out, but they won't bat an eye at a murder aid.

I would give the game an 8.5 out of 10. Not the best game ever made, but it sure beats out a lot of the pack.

Tags: Add Tags