1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Gaming 19 - Come Knife With Me

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Dec 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Can't find it on iTunes, only episode 18 up yet:(

3. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

Sometimes it takes about 15mins to show up.

Usually the article is sat in the site engine waiting to be proofed for this amount of time so you guys don't notice the wait but Joe was particularly on the ball with his proofing today.

Just give it a few minutes.

(EDIT) Its there now (15:38). If you still cant see it something may be up at your end.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

yay, i won some loot.

i should have submitted screenshots taken in theatre mode, first person mode obviously isn't as good. and didn't get as feature screenshot.

here's a youtube video i made afterwards though.

5. bagman

bagman Minimodder

you're going down

6. PlayedStation

PlayedStation Possessed like an apostrophe

game dev story is epic, my fav iphone game for ages.

completed it twice.... 5 hackers and a hardware engineer Cheesecake! best scores, straight 10's... bow down :)

7. wyx087

there's a completion?

after hearing this pod cast, i've been playing this game for the whole weekend. only at year 10 at the moment.

8. PlayedStation

yeah it stops you at year 25 (i think), which means you can't set any more records for number of games/consoles sold so you have to restart. Although the advantage of restarting is you keep your "points" to spend on the development parts.

It's addictive isn't it? My girlfriend hated it, said i was doing the "people who make app games" job's for them..... Didn't have the heart to explain.

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

a link to Harry and Paul's (sounds like a BBC comedy show to me) steam pages for the competition might be handy ;)

10. wyx087

Game Dev story is way too addictive. but for some reason, whenever i invest heavily in games (such as with expensive external people) i never get the money back from sales. is it best to just use internal developers and hire people with high stats but high salary?

just add them onto friends by using the add friend wizard:
    bazmataz for Harry (he's addicted to Football manager whenever i look, hasn't seen him on Blops for the last few days, i might have missed him going on though)
    votelarry for Paul (steam display name: Material, confused me for a few hours before i realised who this is)

11. Digibull

Digibull Stealth Geek

Regarding the picklocking in Oblivion, once you worked out the animation of the locks you can unlock the hardest locks at low levels without wasting exp points in lockpicking.

For those who weren't aware, watch the locks as they move... if they've got an 'upwards' animation 1st rather then instantly dropping down, clicking quick enough will lock it into place.

12. PlayedStation

Yeah outsourcing the work never gets you very far, you're much better off hiring high paid staff with stats in the 100's (if they're available) - spend the most on recruitment too so you can pick from the best... Wages are never really an issue later on.

Always buy the boosts from the salespeople too, they help, and aim to have a score of at least 1 category over 100 so the hype is higher :)

You gotta invest cash to get better returns basically:
    [​IMG]

Only thing i was disappointed by was making your own console, it doesn't make you much money at all. Guess its true to life then

wyx087 likes this.
  13. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

14. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

15. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Finally had a spare 5 minutes to lsten to the podcast. Brilliant as ever, although I think Joes calculater was a bit out :geek: (£8*12months*6years = £576). I did find it amusing that if you add the cost of the game and expansion packs at (£30 a pop, and ignoring the latest one) you get the devil's wages (£666) :worried: :D

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Oh, and the tower Big Ben is housed in is called St. Stevens tower.

Tags: Add Tags