1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 2.41 Update, Blu-ray not working?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BioSniper, 13 Jul 2008.

1. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Hey guys (and gals?),

Last night the other half was watching a Blu-ray movie on the PS3 and all of a sudden it stopped reading the disc, the movie stopped dead and refused to resume playback.

The disc is fine, I've taken it out and checked it and the same problem seems to be happening on blu-ray game discs too, it will load the game loader info on the XMB but that's all it will load. As soon as she presses to start the game it says invalid disc.

Now the weird part is if I do the same on my profile on the exact same console everything works just fine.

Any idea at all?

2. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Sounds like an issue with the profile and not the console. The fact that it will play under your profile and not her's on the console means the blu-ray player is working. Just a shot in the dark (and you already verified using your own profile) but make a new one for her and see what happenes. You can move saved data over using jump drive (Never tried moving files over between profiles so I don't know if it is possible sorry). I've never experienced this issue so that is all I really have to contribute. Hope everything works out for ya man.

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Well, the drive finally decided to give up, Sony are doing an on the door step swap of the console to get us a new one.

Apparently though "due to the recent firmware issues it's slowed down the turn around time and the earliest we can get you a new one is the 30th July" normally its 2-3 days.
    Honestly I don't think I've ever had better customer service, the call centre was friendly, honest and best of all, English!

Big props to Sony and normally I despise Sony.

4. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

A door step swap? Lucky man. The best I got (and the turn around was still 2-3 days for me) was a Pre-paid shipping box sent to me next-day service, boxed it up, shipped it back, recieved my new one 3 days later. Sucks your drive burned out on ya man. We are among the few who are on our 2nd PS3 haha. Hope the new one works out for ya. Microsoft has pretty good service too. They handled my MS point refund very smoothly when I had to replace my Xbox.

5. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

im guessing your under warranty still??

ive never heard of a door step swap or being able to get a new one within 2 -3 days. wow! thats amazing.

i wonder how it is for people that have expired warranties? I know you gotta pay money to get it replaced but I wonder if its still 2-3 days...

6. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

europe - our warranties are way, way better than in US. it's part of the reason things cost more.