1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Fans Enough for 64?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by run_with_m4, 18 Aug 2004.

1. run_with_m4

run_with_m4 What's a Dremel?

i need to know if my case has enough fans to cool a amd64 3000+. the case has two fans; one in the back and one in the front. its kind of a small case (size of the Antec Lanboy). also i plan to put jus one harddrive in with a hd cooler to reduce the heat. will keep the AMD64 cool enough?

2. Austin

Austin Minimodder

;) It's a bit like saying, "I have a 128MB gfx card, will Doom III run okay?" The AMD64 are not hot CPUs by any means so you shouldn't have any problems. It's hard to be sure because not all cases are created equal, not by a long shot. In terms of optimal airflow it is generally regarded best to have an exhaust near the top-rear (CPU area) and possibly an intake at the bottom front. However you must have adequate ventilation for the fans to work well and even then if they aren't well balanced or there's inadequate ventilation away from the fans you can get worse results than without the fan(s). Bottom line is stability, if you're stable that's by far the most important thing.

3. run_with_m4

run_with_m4 What's a Dremel?

ok thanks. yea the rear exhaust is close to where the processor is and the front intake fan is on the bottom.