1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 2 for £25 Bargain in Game (Supreme Commander and Company of Heroes.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jubei2k1, 5 Apr 2008.

1. jubei2k1

jubei2k1 What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I just picked up the following in "Game" on the high street on a 2 for £25 offer and fealt it was a bargain worth mentioning,

Supreme Commander Gold Edition (Original + Forged Alliance expansion)
    Company of Heroes Gold Edition (Original + Opposing Fronts expansion)

Now need to find some room on my Hard Drive!

2. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

good find, both ace games! SC is very heavy o the hard drive, but can have some really rewarding battles, although it does take time to get a good base etc going. CoH was great fun, but I am more a Dawn of War person, as it was alot faster paced. I do love the vehical damage in CoH, great idea. How is the expansion for SC anyone who has played it? I was tempted to, but haven't yet, same applies for CoH, I have Opposing Fronts, just not installed, waiting for the good PC to be done.
    GavX

3. iceblade

iceblade What's a Dremel?

pretty good... I would take it but i already bought the Gold edition of CoH already... Nice find though

4. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

GavX: Both expansions are excelleent.

5. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

In the expansion for SC, is there a larger difference between factions, as in the original they played fairly similar, not identical, but not as different as say, the Germans and USA in CoH :D

6. PHPASP

PHPASP I LIKE TO CODE IT CODE IT I LIKE TO

I have both games, just not the expansion packs. What more do they add? Just units/missions/maps?

7. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance is the ultimate RTS game to play with other people online (you have to use GPGnet to play online) plus it will update itself with about 6 patches when you first load it up.

Seriously.. take the time to learn how to play SupCom Forged Alliance (its quite different from the orginal SupCom with regards to economy etc). The single player campaigns are so so , but online kicks COH into the dirt. Once you get used to the strategic zoom and queue building or ordering using the shift key, it will also make playing COH feel like a 1990's game.

Tags: