1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lian Li PC-V1020 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 6 Jan 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

if i had the money and the space i'd buy one tomorrow love the mesh front and the rounded feel to it, layout is excellent as always.

its lian li so its very expensive for the job it does, but if you can afford one you never look back, mainly because they last forever but also because they generally make life a lot easier in terms of building and lifting your pc.

3. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

This is a truely beautiful case. I know £250 is a lot but a good case will last for years. I still have a 10 year old Lian Li that I still use to hold my old/backup machine.

Its a shame that they didnt include a window in that price though!

4. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

Thank you LianLi for making proper cases again!

5. robump

robump Minimodder

Looks awesome and you could mod it beautifully with water cooling in there!

6. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

£256.47 or $249.99!

Guess we'll have to get used to that kind of price difference with the way they are going in the UK.

7. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Just a mention that Scan has them in stock for £216, the red version is a further fifty quid though.

8. Kasius

Kasius Bringin' the dremolition

I love LianLi's kit, the beauty always brings a tear to my eye. That, is alot of money however. Definately not a modders choice, you'd be crazy to take a dremel to it

9. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Gorgeous case. I'd stick with black, the red is probably pink again!

Pity about the price or I'd be ordering one!

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Black and Silver will always be cheaper than red, which will also be cheaper than white versions. Lian Li outsources its anodising and it simply costs them more because of that and the quantities are much lower. Lian told me it used to be the case that they sold 50:50 silver to black, but now it's 1:9, with a fraction of red.

11. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Lovely case, but for £250 I would have liked to see a matching interior. Even my Mini p180 manages that at a quarter of the price.

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Not worth 250 pounds. (when is BT going to add the euro pricing to the top of reviews?)

The interior looks like a 80's BG Cylon

13. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Hmm, I rather fear I'm going to buy one of these to replace my V1000B+, which is almost a mirror-image of this case (it's inverted-ATX) but lacks the removable motherboard tray and other features - that's how good the V1000's been.

There will have to be interior modding, though - or maybe I'll just get the red one.

14. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Beautiful case, shame about the price. Still, if I was loaded I'd probably buy one.

15. lga45

lga45 What's a Dremel?

I love Lian Li cases. I havent bought one yet, because - sadly as someone else points out - cases last for so long, I cant justify throwing away a 2 year old beautiful case I already own.

One suggestion: stop marking beautiful luxury cases down on price: 5/10 on value is simply not fair. You cant mark down a high level product like that; if you want to best graphics card, and everyone agrees its the best, then you dont mark it down on price; you get what you pay for.

All your Lian Li reviews, you talk about how beautiful, and what a pleasure they are to work with; then you mark them down. its not fair. Give them a 9/10, crazy but cool award. You get what you pay for, and I, for one, am not shy to call quality out for what it is, and pay accordingly.

16. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Yeah I realise that, I wasn't having a go at the increase in price for the red one. Most negative comments were regarding the price so I was just pointing out that it is available for £40 less than the review price.

17. Ross1

Ross1 What's a Dremel?

Red is the most expensive colour to make, I remember that from QI.

I have a PC-A77B, which is a very good case, but still flawed in many areas. At least it holds 15 hard drives nice and easily.

18. Skibo1219

Skibo1219 Brains...the other white meat.

Sad to see this not compared to Lancool K-62 since its close enough in design.

19. Matticus

Matticus ...

The case is wonderful, I expect nothing less from a high priced Lian Li. I am going to have to get a Lian Li at some point in the future, still haven't owned one :( Haven't driven an Alfa either, what a terrible life I have :hehe:

If you decide to get rid of the V1000B+, hit me up with a PM :thumb:

20. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

You can't reasonably compare an aluminium high end case to a mid/low end steel and plastic case.

Tags: Add Tags