1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films 2012 Movie what can you say about this?

Discussion in 'General' started by technohive, 16 Aug 2009.

1. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Funny thing about the trailer...Mankinds earliest civilization....erm, that wasn't the Mayans by a long shot.

2. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

I know this is potentially a very gash film but I'm going to watch it at the Imax on Friday, just something to do and sometimes it's interresting to see just how bad it is!

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

What can I say? It'll cause more havoc when 2012 actually arrives. The fact that there are people who believe this is more scary than the possibility it might happen.

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

just saw this last night.. the cgi is just off the hook, some of the best ever- but the movie was too long imo.. it's got alot of drama in it that could be taken out, and the main characters get caught up in some pretty unrealistic situations- like the ground just happens to fall out everywhere but their planes path! same with the car scene

I liked how the writer understands karma.. other than that I'd have to say- probably wait for this on video.. some people actually walked out it was so long

5. shamus

shamus What's a Dremel?

2012 movie

I would say this movie should be watched like a sci-fi and not like as if those predictions that the world would come to an end.I saw this movie a godd one though but it is a one time watch.You cant watch it again and again.

6. efusion

efusion What's a Dremel?

2012-most soulful and miraculous movie of the year!

If the nature wreck of earth’s crust isn’t enough to blow your mind, what about the biggest eruption of volcano at Yellowstone..?

Alongside all those Emmerich’s suspense plots, the best part is all his emotional elements’ setting into some parts of the series events. Without them, I believe that the movie will literally turn up as good as disastrous movie - no matter how great the animation visual effects gyrated in. One of the best emotional setting shot…

Not all highly anticipated flicks will wow audiences….?

Ways beyond a disaster movie, 2012 is the most soulful and miraculous movie of the year!

7. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Not to shoot down your point, but disaster movie as touching emotional drama? Please. If Emmerich's past works (10,000 BC, The Day After Tomorrow) are anything to judge by, we're in for another two-and-a-half-hours of hilariously bad physics, bad dialog, and drama so overblown it's floating away in the wind.

(and, just an aside, 2012 massively underplays the devastation that would be caused by a Yellowstone eruption - that little time bomb could easily trigger an ice age.)

8. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Either a very bad translation from a language that doesn't understand the meaning of the word emotional or a pro 2012 spambot, I wouldn't put such tactics beyond studios.

9. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Well I've watched it, and I've this much to say.

The science is remarkably bad. The yellowstone eruption is not well done in oh so many ways (see the made for TV movie Supervolcano for a much better one, believe it's a BBC movie), the "emotion" is standard drivel, and oh look most people survive it.

In short, I'm glad I torrrented it. I would not pay to go see such crap.

10. Vigil

Vigil Not geek enough

I paid. The explosions were entertaining. I cackled at the death and explosion, grumbled when they hung science by the proverbial testicles and mutilated it beyong recognition and wished they cut out a lot of the personal drama.

It was worth one watch to see the effects on the big screen.

11. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I have found that a lot. One watch on big screen theater and then wait for DVD. Day After Tomorrow, Day The Earth Stood Still come to mind. The new StarTrek is a similar candidate. Off to the RAID array and watch later.

12. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Watched it yesterday, and enjoyed it for all it's shinyness.

Yes, science was gangraped, the drama is pure hollywood b-s and the suspense would be non-existent if it were not for the aforementioned shinyness. The effects are quite awesome though, and those as well as that one guy - those of you who has seen it know who I'm talking about - with the radio broadcasts, alone makes it worth a watch. Oh, and the russian was also refreshing. But of course, it would not be hollywood if it did not contain a little personal drama interwoven with this whole world ending business, all leading up to a moment where time seemingly stands still and the mandatory happy cliché ending. All in all; good entertainment, but nothing more.

13. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

I find it a little odd with movies like this, to take 2012 as an example here, the main character is a writer/limo driver. I don't mean to nit-pick because I actually enjoyed the movie, but I find it difficult to believe that such a mediocre person (and his family) would not only survive the carnage, but narrowly escape it time after time. In this film I saw the guy drive a stretch limo thorugh a crumbling city, an inexperienced pilot fly not one, but two increasingly larger aircraft with the skill and precision of a fighter pilot, and the main guy swimming under (cold) water for several minutes whilst unjaming some machinery. He much have spent some serious time modding out that beast, because I somehow doubt that a stretch limo would have the power, handling and strength to withstand all of that abuse. The movie was way too long, but it was watchable and the special effects were well worth the sore back afterwards. I had to go to the toilet twice though, twice.

14. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

That's just a sign of aging mate...

The limo scenes did make me laugh though ... loudly! Then again, it wouldn't be a Hollywood flick without a car sequence that violates most known physics within the span of 5-10 minutes.

15. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

Didn't like the film, I saw it in Turkey and there was a break in the middle but most people didn't bother to come back. It is so long my ass had lost all sensation, nothing happens, it is a literal waste of 3 hours of your life. I feel like writing to ask for my time back.

16. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

...maybe if he was driving this...

[​IMG]

17. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Least it would put an end to fan boiism. No more Nvidia vs ATI or PS3 vs Xbox nonsence lol

Reminds me of a quote from Red vs Blue

yes, I know, Ive no sense of Humour :D

What I like most about these movies is the hype. Some people automatically believe them and run around spouting what happens as gospel. Another Millenium Bug IMO

18. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

This movie is a big Financial Fiasco

IMDB BOX OFFICE INFO
    -----------------------------
    Budget
    $200,000,000 (estimated)
    For an Average Movie

Now, the confirmed Hit

The Revenge of the Sith
    Budget
    Gross

Saving the Private Ryan
    Budget
    $70,000,000
    Gross

Taken
    Budget
    30,000,000 Euro
    Gross
    145,000,989 USD

19. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I saw it, and I have to say it was the second worst film I've ever seen, the limo made me laugh like hell, the planes even moreso and dammit, the crazy dude just had no back story

Although it was very prettiful...

20. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I've seen it twice now...and tbh, I hated it both times, I would rather go and masturbate with a cheese grater.

As for the world ending in 2012? may I direct you to THIS Facebook page?