1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other 2012 through the looking glass

Discussion in 'General' started by kelvinb, 24 Jan 2013.

1. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Hi all,

I thought I would put this thread together as one of my enjoyments is reading all the posts from people talking about their life, guess im nosy that way :)

Thought it would be good to have a place where people could sum up their year, all the highs and lows.

My 2012.

So in my 2012 year has mostly been good, I have finely managed to find a job I love working for a Data sanitation and ICT disposal company. I love my job and I love the company I work for, yes I could earn more money doing something different but in my old age of 32 I guess there are things I value a job more for than just money.

In September I married my wife whom I love very much but must admit married life is hard and making a marriage work is hard, many people tell me the first year is the hardest so hoping 2013 means that our relationship will continue to grow.

We went through some hard times as a family last year with problems at school and my daughter being bullied and harassed through social media which is still happening but we are dealing with (amazed at how little schools support dealing with this issue).

The year before I had served the middle finger on my right hand which they operated on to reconnect the nerves and tendons, was hoping to make a full recovery but after a year it seems as though I wont get all the feeling back in the finger but 70% is good and at least I have full movement abit with a few pains every now and again

My wife started a new job after we got married and unfortunately they let her go just before Xmas which meant we struggled through Xmas although our family supported us and we spend Xmas with them. This meant we had fewer presents under the tree and myself and my wife didn't buy anything for each other as we focused on our daughter. Must admit one of the best Xmas we have had spent time with all our family and it was amazing.

So 2013 will be a busy time, wifey has a new job starts in a few weeks so fingers crossed we can get our money back on track and we are starting to make plans doing the house up which we are looking forward to. Bring on 2013 lets see what highs and lows we bring.

Hope i didnt bore you too much ,,,,,:D

2. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

My 2012 started out very average and ended on an insane high. T'was an interesting year.

Just before Christmas 2011 I started a new job working in software development for a major power company. As a result 2012 was the first year of continuous stable emplyment for about 5 years. before that I was working contract based work so having some rock solid stability and prospects is very nice feeling even if it isn't the best paid position in the world.

Nothing much happened in 2012 of particular note until October. Work was stable, lots of work related training and so on. Early October I recieved a phone call from my best friend who moved to Australia offering me a plane ticket to go visit. Less than 24 hours after said phonecall I had tickets booked to go to the land of oz for 3 weeks.

I spent 3 weeks traveling around Western Australia with my best mate, his lady friend and a few others. Was the best 3 weeks of my life pretty much. We just chased the sun from one beautiful location to the next drinking as much red wine (33 bottles in 21 days as I recall not counting other stuff) and G&T as humanly possible. Good company, good food, good drink and beautiful weather and locations is the recipie for hapiness I recon.

While in Oz I met an utterly delightful young lady who by a strange twist of fate moved to the UK to study her masters in hyderogeology. It probably won't lead anywhere as I'm not sure if shes interested just yet but I'm working as subtly and as hard as I can to make it work.

In November by another strange twist of fate aforementioned best mate was back in the UK so on a whim we decided to go to Lapland and drive sled dogs across Lapland for a week. Completely stunning scenery, a unique mode of transport and great company made it a brilliant end to my year.

So in summary I started a new job, went to two amazing places, met some wonderful people, drank far too much wine and good whisky and in general just had a mad ending to an average year.