1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors 2013 MotoGP/WSBK/BSB Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Kovoet, 8 Apr 2013.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

I think JL has a very logical head on his shoulders and if the Yam can be developed further (possibly unlike the near perfect Honda) and he's able to be even more competitive next year, I can see him staying on at Yamaha, because he won't be #1 in the Honda garage. Then again, they all seem to have the "big team change" thing lurking in them somewhere, so I can equally see him not being able to resist that grass-is-greener thing along with the allure of going over as #2 and showing up #1. That would be immense. I hope it happens

Huge praise for Espargaro from me too, who routinely rode the wheels off that Aprilia :D

Does anyone know WTF is going on with coverage, though? There's no way I'm going to give any money to BT. Is it right that no one is showing anything at all except BT? I suppose a motogp.com pass is in order; as much as I hate dorna...

Last edited: 10 Nov 2013
  2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I thought Sky Sports were getting it, but apparently it is BT Sport who have exclusive coverage. Frankly I won't be giving them any money for it either. It's bad enough having Sky :rolleyes:

3. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

Didn't have the BBC have exclusive rights for a while, but resold to Eurosport, similar deal maybe ?

Not going to miss the BBC coverage, kinda glad there will be no more fighting on a tightrope's or nightmares in a bubble car

4. RTT

RTT #parp

Haha, a lot of people dislike that guy but he doesn't bother me. I usually just wait for the eurosport re-play anyway and skip the beeb's coverage. Their build up is good though, Matt/Azi do (did) a good job

Yeah, BBC re-sold to BBC. I imagine if viewing figures plummet as much as expected, Dorna might force BT Sports to re-sell it to Eurosport. Here's hoping because otherwise the British fan base is going to dwindle

5. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Im going for the motogp pass option next season. I cant watch the bbc coverage the presenters just wind me up! Commentary is ok, doesnt annoy me but still prefer Eurosport.

Any idea what commentary (who) we will get from the online pass?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

6. RTT

RTT #parp

I think it'll be the same guys that are on bbc red button when they are just broadcasting the moto 2 & 3 feeds - i guess they are employed by Dorna... and they are about as inspiring as a bag of plain rice

7. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I don't mind Steve Parrish.

8. bdigital

Thats a bit depressing. Surely BT will sell the rights to eurosport ?! Id rather wait and not watch it live if it meant im watching eurosport coverage.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

9. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

And let's be honest here it's much better watching than F1

10. RTT

RTT #parp

I guess there's no guarantee, but I hope Dorna realise the mistake and force the issue

11. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

I must admit I am going to miss Stavros and Charlie next year. I found their commentary style quite enjoyable and humourous.

I already get BT Sport with my virgin package so no extra to pay for me.

The BBC seem to be slowly losing all the sports that I watch now.

12. Unicorn

Steve Parrish is a great commentator in my opinion. I also think Matt and Azi did a brilliant job with the build up/presenting.

13. bdigital

Commentary I can almost agree on. But no way on the presenting! Ive never seen a more clumsy and awkward grid walk!

Get Jamie Wittham in there for the grid walk lol. Can just imagine him getting stuck in, barging all the big time charlies out of the way!

14. RTT

RTT #parp

Yes :D :D :D

15. Unicorn

Hmm, suppose I'll give you that... It's certainly a far cry from the Suzi Perry days. Eurosport's presentation of the sport was brilliant all along - from the days when I had to watch it because Dad was watching it during Sunday dinner to actually being properly interested in it in recent years - it was admittedly much better than the BBC... I'm not supposed to admit that though, because my friend works for Century!

16. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

Just got chance to watch the Moto3 race, title decided on the final corner, the way it should be

17. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Fully agree its been a great season for racing this year.

18. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Looking at these practise times this week I can see Smith kicking Crutchies butt next year. But knowing Cal he will push it to the limit. Hope he does wipe too much

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Given the difference between the M1 and the Desmo I'd say that's a given, Ducati are so stubborn even the Audi guy's given up and buggered off back to Germany. I think Ducati Moto GP's days are numbered.

20. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

Hope Rins doesn't just walk away with the title next year, but the Eurosport guys were saying they are returning to Honda next year, so who knows. Would like to see more people getting into the mix at the sharp end next year too, which has been the disappointing bit to Moto3 this year

Carrasco has come on pretty strongly in the last few races too