1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors 2014 MotoGP/WSBK/BSB Season thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 11 Nov 2013.

1. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Mid season break, no moto gp for 3 weeks but a good 3 races at the Saxon ring- honda track but a good ride by both Marquez and Pedrosa- hard tyre choice was good in the end as Lorenzo and Rossi both fell back.

Moto 2: Zarco missing out on another win but a good ride by Simeon to get the win- Rabat being taken out at the end was harsh- giving Rinns 3rd and moving Lowes to 5th, does seem to be falling back a bit.

Moto 3: Kent had a dominant ride, good to see a team 1/2, rivals dropping points in the title.

2. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

The hard gamble did pay off, Yamaha were obviously hoping they could capitalize with the extra grip in the first few laps by using the asymmetric tyre un fortunately they didnt get a chance, great race from both Hondas. Happy to see Rossi getting more points in the gap to Jorge.

Moto 2 was a great race to watch, felt gutted watching Rabat being take out right at the end, but Zarco is on form at the moment, Brilliant win for Simeon very well fought and deserved, This season looks like Zarco's to lose now.

What can you say about kent, 7sec gap to win in moto 3.... that shouldnt be happening and hes done it more than once this season, its going to take something very big for him not to take home this. You can't fault his riding though he has been on point this season from the get go, Hopefully he can make enough impact this season to get a competitive ride in moto2 next season, As he looks like a very very promising talent and hopefully he can bring home more than just the moto3 title in his career.

Oh and i believe this week is the Suzuka 8 hour race and Bradley smith is part of the Yamaha team for it as is his team mate Pol Espargarò. should be a good watch 3rd man on their team is the All Japan Road Race Champion Katsuyuki Nakasuga

Last edited: 20 Jul 2015
  3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Stoner is racing to should be good.

4. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

5. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Well This season is really heating up, Bruno was a good race to behold and squared up the points race between Vale and Jorge.

Silverstone was a great race to watch, So happy to see it being wet as Vale has always been good in the wet and im glad he was able to take the win, was annoying watching all the people between him and Jorge in the race falling and keeping the gap closer points wise, Felt so bad for Cal as miller taking him out was a stupid dive by him and cost both of them what looks like it would have been a great finish, Happy to see Danelo get a podium for Pramac, hes been riding very well recently and Im looking forward to seeing what the pramac team is like next year, now they have a better bike and such.

Kent was looking great in the moto3 race again and Im glad to see hes most likly going to moto2 with the same team next season hes a great rider but i felt like skipping a class would not have been wise and the Leopard team have alot of moto2 experience which will really help, His ride for the race was phenomenal, Was very nervous towards the end of him losing it in the wet but he did not.

Lowes is still having a decent season, I missed alot of the moto2 race due to the scheduled swap of the moto3 and moto2 running order, was disappointed he was unable to capitalise on his pole position.

Misano coming up this weekend, Vales actual home race and he won last year, and im sure all the home crowd are wanting a repeat, but with both him and Jorge on 3 wins at the track in recent memory its going to be an amazing race.

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

/THREAD NECRO

Hooray Danny Kent!

My God did he make everyone sweat for him today. But nevermind, first brit GP champion since Barry Sheene. I think/hope this wil be the first of many titles, getting that first big win must be a gigantic load of his mind.

Also, Rossi didn't half blow it this last two weeks, what an idiot.

#Edit... and now he's bitching and moaning to the press about how horrible all the other riders (particularly Marquez) have been to him. Stay classy Vale, stay classy.

Last edited: 9 Nov 2015
  7. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Very happy for Kent, Wish he had not made us wait so long for it, Hope he can have a rookie year like Rins has this year in Moto2 would be great to see.

Rossi rode a great race couldn't have asked more from him in those 30 laps.

He has always been a great person to see interviews from but in all honesty in the past few weeks since it all kicked off before sepang, He needs to just forget all of this end of season junk, get on with testing and come back next year and continue to fight like he has all season.

I feel a little let down by the end, But well done to Jorge despite his poor start and that crash in the wet he rode a hell of a season and deserves his title

8. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Massively echo this. I have no allegiance to any rider in GP class but was really pleased for Lorenzo. He's the most consistent rider on the grid and puts in metronomic lap times weekend after weekend...

...and that quali lap!!!! Probably the most perfect MotoGP lap of all time.

What annoys me more than anything is Keith's commentary. He's so pro-Rossi and so very anti-Lorenzo, it's disgusting. What happened to unbiased journalism?? He needs the sack before his tongue requires surgical removal from Rossi's tailpipe.

9. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Quite a end to the season, fantastic to see Kent win the title at the end, moto 2 was not to bad this year but Zarco ahead of the pack- do wonder if Rabat should have gone up instead of staying to defend?

As for Moto GP a worthy winner in Lorenzo, what Rossi was thinking in Sepang but it cost him the title, great to see Pedrosa back in form, its a shame it did not come sooner as its been mostly Yamaha's year.

10. fix-the-spade

11. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Considering what Lowes was able to do with that SpeedUp Chasis last season, when everyone was saying the Kalex was a better chasis, I am excited to see what he can do with the Kalex. Looks like he should be able to deliver on it.

Kent too is looking like he is going to be strong but will have to see, At least he has some moto2 experience already which will certainly help his transition and get him feeling better on the bike quicker.

12. JasWil

JasWil Banned

Well a interesting race in Texas, both Honda's finishing 20's ahead of the field, though a shame Smith could not take third.

Crutchlow crashing out and Lorenzo having a drive through penatly with a 10th place finish in the end, Dovi on the Ducati for 3rd was a gd result.

13. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

14. fix-the-spade

15. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I reckon the drama at the end of Last season didn't help. But i doubt Rossi is the only reason for the move, As Yamaha are still have one of the best Bikes on that grid at the moment and as things stand look more likely to continue winning compared to the Ducati, I will concede the Ducati so far this season looks damn strong.

I think Ducati will have offered a fortune to Jorge to get him to switch teams and they are showing promise on the bike at the moment. Will be interesting to say the least next season and for the rest of this season in the Yamaha garage

16. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Well we had a sad weekend of racing at Catalyuna. Losing Luis Salom on the Friday really changed everything and the track layout change made some interesting differences overall. Hopefully next year they can have the issue with turn 12 fixed and a big gravel trap added.

All 3 classes were amazing racing, Moto3 was as normal, lots of fighting, anyone had a chance, would have liked to see Binder have taken the win, and im gutted for Khairul Idham pawi, as he was having a great race.

Moto 2 really wanted to see lowes be closer to Rins who i think will be fighting him all season, and I reckon one of those 2 will be lifting the title at the end of the season, Nakagami and Syahrin get my rides of the day for this class as at the start i would not have expected those 2 to be 3rd and 4th respectively.

Motogp, the big bikes don't fail to deliver again, first Rossi and Marquez fight since the incident at Sepang last year, And boy did it deliver great racing by both, Marc was solid all race just hanging on Rossi's tail pipe all race untill he took his chance, but rossi fighing bakc knowing the honda would have likely no tyres left and it was Marc's only really shot was what he needed and such a great finish, and seeing those 2 shake hands after was good to see. I will say i was a little happy when i say Iannone hit Lorenzo, as its really tightened up the top 3 of the championship. I do think Iannone should have gotten a race ban for Assen but oh well maybe next time. Ride of the day is a tie between Danny and Maverick both had great rides, Maverick is really showing that he was the right choice for that Yamaha next season and Danny just shows he is a great rider still.

All the team shuffles that have been revealed have been very very interesting.

Both current Satellite Tech3 Yamaha riders going to KTM next year... that is an exciting prospect, Wonder who will get both of those bikes but its looking like a pair of rookies will get them :D.
    Honda is staying the same, No surprise there, its not exactly an unknown fact the bike is a bit difficult on most tracks and Marc is making that thing work and danny is also doing better than most.
    I can imagine after the sunday incident Suzuki will be trying to get Iannone to calm down a bit as im sure they dont want these issues next season as currently that bike is capable of alot as long as it finishes a race.

Anyway bring on Assen and RIP Luis you will be missed by every fan and every rider

17. fix-the-spade

They'll be using the F1 layout from now on. F1 abandoned that layout because the gravel trap can't be made any bigger, the Catalunya track is built into the side of a hill and on the other side of that barrier is a very steep bank.
    Doesn't show on TV very well, but it's a really steep track.

Really sucks about Salom though, such bad luck to have a bike come back and land on the rider.

Last edited: 7 Jun 2016
  18. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Well that sucks, will have to see what might be done as the bikes could possibly get away with a smaller gravel trap than the cars, I hope they can sort it out as the normal bike layout is wonderful, but saftey is key.

As soon as i saw the red flag on the session and was told it was a crash at 12 I was guessing the bike must have collected him and then slammed him into the wall, as that is a fast corner and its more than likely the only way it was going to happed except some ungodly high-side but as your alreay on the throttle there high-sides are farly rare