1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MSI details 6-series motherboard returns strategy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 16 Feb 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Great policy and we'll have to wait and see how effective their UK returns will be. Hopefully just as good.

+1 rep

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

"This is apparently partly due to the fact that the distances involved are so much smaller here in Europe, so it's logistically possible to pickup and return a board within a couple of days."

In other words, USA customers will have maybe 1 hour downtime while they remove the old board and put the new one in their system, while everyone else will have downtime of 3-4 days at best, realisticaly at least a week. Why am i not surprised...

4. Marcos_Viegas

Marcos_Viegas Minimodder

Unfortunately here in Brazil for the other countries of Latin America , MSI has not yet adopted this policy change.

5. PerpetualOmega

PerpetualOmega What's a Dremel?

It's a good policy, Western Digital have done this for years here in the UK, and that's why I still use them, they call it Advanced RMA.
    You give them your card details and if they don't receive your drive within 30 days you get charged for the drive they sent out. They may refund the charge if your drive turns up after 30 days but that's at their discretion.

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Lucky lucky Americans with a nice switcharoo :).
    I think I could live without my rig for a couple of days at most so hopefully it will be that smooth, I have to face it I'll need the replacement as I'm going to be using all the sata ports.

I still have awesome memories of a liyama monitor that stopped working after a couple of years & I phoned them in the evening & the next morning they came with an updated model for a switcharoo, best RMA experience ever.

7. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

hope GB follows suite...

8. faugusztin

9. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Don't know where you live, but it sounds to me as if you'll get the board back the next day at the latest. 1st class doesn't usually take more than a day to get to me, though I reckon they'll be using couriers with the fastest delivery they can get - aren't Intel paying the bills for this afterall?

Also, any word on any manufacturers offering upgrades to the Z68?

10. faugusztin

Unfotunately i don't live in a big country (Slovakia to be exact), and i'm pretty sure no one will do stuff like that there.