1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Killzone 3 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Feb 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Why is it BitGamer cares more about console games than PC ones?

3. Woollster00

Woollster00 What's a Dremel?

+1

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I'll pick this up as soon as I complete the last boss on KZ2, which may be never, did that game on elite difficulty which was a good challenge and recommend most decent gamers don't play on normal or it'll be over too quickly but that last bit with Raven (is it, I have fogotten the last boss name) is a ridiculous slog beyond my joypad skill it seems, I wish I could knock the difficulty down just to finish it. :rolleyes:

probably because its the only place decent new stuff is coming out on.....

5. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

You can change the difficulty; I had to aswell. Fighting Radek wasn't that bad, it was just the swarm of guys you had to endure first that made it so hard

Why do PC gamers have to whinge about everything?

6. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Shogun 2, Crysis 2, Dragon Age sequel, Skyrim... if you want kiddy console crap, go somewhere else. Theres lots of good and innovative PC games coming out, Bit Tech just doesn't seem interested.

7. CardJoe

It doesn't. It's content is the same as it always has been and is motivated not by platform, but by the titles themselves. We focus on what games are interesting to readers/us, which I feel is a better and more transparent way to approach critical journalism than limiting yourself to only covering one platform (which is usually done more to soak up advertising cash).

We don't narrow ourselves by platform or genre or publisher. It's why you still see plenty of PC and indie titles on the Bit-Gamer page, from Academagia to Gettysburg, TDU2, to Killzone 3.

8. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I'm not fussed about BitGamer covering console games. Its about the complete lack of coverage for PC games, which should be the main focus for this site due its demographics.

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Ah yes, its not the boss it self that is hard (not that i'd know...Aaargh) just getting to him, seems like it could do with another check point to give you a fighting chance.

I did look to change a difficulty setting I must of missed it, cheers, perhaps I'll crank it up tonight.

Looking to try both this and Dead Space 2 with the Move. played SOCOM with Move and it was decent but Move looks quite handy and the control scheme quite refined in KZ3

10. CardJoe

And yet you ignore that the PC section of BitGamer sees more regular updates than any other. There are multiplatform titles in there, true, but they are in every section and we can hardly be blamed for the state of the industry...

11. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I find some truth in this. I pretty much left PC gaming as a whole as I was getting bored with it. I got tired of buggy crap being released. I just bought Bullet Storm on pc and I can't even play it because of the bugs. My biggest gripe is probably the lack of innovative, original content on PC and the overall lack of on screen multiplayer options. Why aren't there more 2-4 player games on PC? Most pc titles can only have one user per PC and that really sucks for local multiplayer.

This attitude is everything I hate about PC gaming. I for one really enjoy the kiddy console crap like Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, God of War 3, Uncharted 2. I really enjoyed those games (two of which put the current state of PC visuals to shame).

I'm really glad I bought a PS3 recently because I really missed playing multiplayer games with people in the same room without having to move our computers around.

If you paid attention even in the slightest, you would see that Bit-tech has done previews for two of those games you've mentioned and coverage for the other two.

Jamie likes this.
  12. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

None of which are out yet, and hence are not able to be reviewed yet. Bit-tech/Gamer can't warp space/time to get releases before they are sent them, and as such you get reviews when they're ready, not when you decide you want them.

I have no doubt BT/G will review Shogun 2, Crysis 2 et al, but in the meantime they still need content and games to review, so why ignore consoles?

13. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I donno about this, I love the storyline in the game but both killzone games started to drag about half way through. Killzone 2 was a major let down gameplay wise. The response to this is usually "It looks so good tho". At least Crysis looked good and the nano suit was fun ie. each encounter was different. Killzone just felt like move from A-B. yes getting pinned down felt good and the balance of guns was spot on but it was wasted on the fact you still had to the one man army routeen over the same scripted battles.

14. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

bit-tech review console games just so they get them for free

15. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

The ISA? Jetpacks? Is this just a Shattered Horizon rip-off?!?!

16. CardJoe

Oh, please.

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

A note to the developers and publishers: I would buy this game right now if this were on PC but I'm not going to buy a console, no matter how many awesome games are released in console format.

18. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

What a stupid comment. ISA is one of the factions in Killzone since the first one in 2004, and the jetpacks were in Killzone: Liberation from 2006. If anything that would make Shattered Horizon a Killzone rip-off.

19. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

I'd love to see this running on a PC. Although I bet the PC version would get leaked and pirated not long before release... Oh wait...

20. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I don't understand this.

Are you really that loyal to your platform that you're willing to dismiss the one thing that defines the platform? The content.

Tags: Add Tags