1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Blight of the Immortals Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 9 Mar 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Neptune's Pride was brilliant, though utterly frustrating and stressful at times! (I lost 3, had 2 golds and a silver - then decided I had to give up for my sanity and sleep).

This game sounds good, though I think if you could co-op in teams against each-other it may be better, (6-8 allies vs 6-8 player zombies).

Still, if it's from the makers of NP then it's definitely worth a look...

3. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

I've had beta access to this for ages. It starts out well but I found it to not have the replayability of NP. Somuch so that I haven't logged in for 6 months. The single player mode was not enabled then but I felt was a good option as NP can be a pain at times waiting for others to join.

Hmm might login and see if there are anymore maps or if it is still that single one (which was part of the problem too)

Last edited: 9 Mar 2011
  4. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

this looks interesting...how is the co-operative supposed to work if it's played over weeks? Do you need the same people playing it that started the game, and u can just log in wenever and do your stuff?

5. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Looks good, just signed up for an easy game, will see how it goes, looks fun, and hopefully a bit less rage inducing than neptunes pride.

6. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

The best bit about neptune's pride was the diplomacy, I wonder how this fares without any pvp.

7. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Quite well, if you do not work together the horde will wipe you all out.

8. sausages

sausages What's a Dremel?

It better be good to drag me away from King Arthur 2. Whenever that gets released that is..

9. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

This article doesn't mention anything about the pvp version.. Can't remember what it was called, something to do with kings. Basically though it was the same as the normal version at first, only when all the Blight are defeated the players duke it out to see who comes out on top :D

Also there's no mention of the payment system. Basically, unless they've changed it in the last couple months, you can only purchase armies of the colour that you start with, so even if you capture an orange goblin town you won't be able to create a goblin army if you started as green and blue. That is, unless you purchase a key which allows you to create any armies. You can however bribe neutral armies to join your cause, and there was also a thing about being able to trade armies but that wasn't implemented when I played.

I played for a little while but gave up due to time restrictions. Also, I didn't really like the above mentioned payment system - in NP at least you could get all the premium content by winning games.

10. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Damn this immortality.....I'll never get my pension.

11. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

oh dear god, i've only just managed to stop having dreams about neptunes pride and freating about attacks whilst i sleep...for god sake let me rest!

Tags: Add Tags