1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Nexus VCT-9000 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 28 Mar 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

ouch, did you guys contact the company at all? I'm sure they would like to know that it performed so poorly...
    maybe this one was a dud?

3. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

How on earth, when you've slated every aspect of it's design, does this hunk-a-junk deserve a 6 out of 10?

Me thinks, Sir is being too kind.

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

This has a touch of JohnnyGuru's "Death of a Gutless Wonder" reviews about it. Horrible from the start, terrible through the middle, awful at the end.
    6/10 is oddly generous, considering it's obviously Badly Engineered, let alone impossible to mount.

5. Spuzzell

Spuzzell What's a Dremel?

Has Bit-tech gone MASSIVELY orange for everyone, or am I having s stroke?

6. Deders

Deders Modder

Seeing as too much thermal paste acts as an insulator, trapping the heat on the CPU, what would the difference be if that heat was allowed to escape between the gaps between the pipes? I realise air bubbles in the heat paste can be detrimental to a CPU's health.

7. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

8. sWW

sWW Minimodder

it's as if they have released a prototype without testing it properly :s

9. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Page 1, 3rd paragraph:

"Another issue is that the fan is angled at around 30 degrees from the vertical heatsink, so it doesn’t blow air directly through the find."

10. Pot Of Jam

Pot Of Jam What's a Dremel?

I blame you for directing me to that god awful crappy piece of w&^k that my eyes have ever seen. :D

I'm so glad I got rid of my EEE and replaced it with a m11x, that way I won't have to be out in the open with anything branded Asus after that ad goes live.

11. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Is there a reason the Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 pro revision 2 is not tested along with your other coolers? As far as I know it works with almost all the sockets currently out (both AMD and Intel) and is very easy to find, well at least where I am located in New York it is easy to find. Since the first model was such a big hit back when the 775 socket was standard for Intel, I'd think it would be nice to see how it stacks up against the newer models out there. I know you guys can't include every model out there but to me it was always one of the prime choices for cooling a CPU especially when you don't have that much to spend on an aftermarket solution. Otherwise, bit-tech delivers another great review of a not so great looking product!

12. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

i read a review on this over 9 months ago.. it was as terrible then as it is here..

Simply just poor design. the angled fan is what fails this cooler the most

13. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

I thought that looked familiar.

And +1 on the AC Freezer 7 Pro, rev 2 request. I'm still running a C2D (e8400 Cheesecake!) with the AC Freezer 7 Pro rev 1, and it's a fantastic bit of kit.

14. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

Worse than a reference Intel cooler... Wow that is hopeless

15. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

bit-tech had a bit of a falling out with AC a while back, I'm not sure if this has been resolved but it meant they couldn't / wouldn't review any AC products.

16. urza26

urza26 What's a Dremel?

Am I the only one who is slightly annoyed with the fact that the reviewers lately just assume that the Thermaltake Frio is the best LGA1366 cooler there is (without even testing the cooler that is being reviewed on that platform)?
    While there exist better coolers such as the Thermalright Silver Arrow and Noctua NH-D14...

17. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Can someone tell me why the Titan Fenrir is not in the list of coolers? I mean this was a cooler that was praised in every review (in all three editions it came out in), and yet you can't compare current coolers to that one??

18. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I *think* the answer to both of these questions is that the test rigs have changed dramatically since those coolers were tested and they haven't retested them on the new rigs?

19. EvoDOOM

EvoDOOM What's a Dremel?

How can something be worst than the stock cooler yet still not get 1/10

Tags: Add Tags