1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Battlefield 3 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 12 Apr 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Tejstar

Tejstar What's a Dremel?

The game I'm most looking forward to in 2011!

3. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

taking a wait-and-see approach, as always. I always judge a game for what it is, not what the media says it will be.

4. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

hopefully this will come as a December launch.

I am going to need a new graphics card though, my 4870 has done well but I don't expect it to run this in the 64 player maps, how I miss those huge battles.

5. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

need.

This is what those studios that bitch about piracy need to look at. A game like this will not be pirated because it is going to be fan-bloody-tastic.
    Developers, stop worrying about how to protect your game from pirates, and start worring about making a GOOD game worth the price that you put on the box

6. technogiant

technogiant What's a Dremel?

Yeah....looks fantastic.....going to upgrade my system for this one.......time to retire the Q6600 and get a bulldozer platform, one with sli capability so I can add a second GTX 460 2GB card....that should do it at 1920X1200 easily.

7. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

lol hold that last thought with there anticipated release and the fact "everyone wants it/must have" i expect you may not get this for £29.99 after pre-order its holding a price closer to £40 on amazon its going to have a nice price tag to match.

I just love the hand to hand stuff in the second preview in this review when dis-arming the bomb.

I note that Jets will be back too which should even out the odds for people flying choppers and ruling the ground below with the heavy machine guns like in bad company

Last edited: 12 Apr 2011
  8. law99

law99 Custom User Title

A toss up between Bulldozer, Sandybridge and Ivybridge perhaps???

9. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

I may have to buy another HD5870 just to play this :O

10. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

That was the first time I've watched the sniper trailer. Mmmmmm! :D

11. Infiltrat0rN7

Infiltrat0rN7 What's a Dremel?

Am in the same boat (owning a 4870). Hope Nvidia will have released a couple of Kepler-based cards by then.

Don't suppose they'll be a no recon option online will there? Snipers killed BC2 for me. I'm guessing probably not.

12. feathers

feathers Minimodder

OK, you got to see a preview of the game which is a good thing but I'm not sure why you needed to post the fault lines 2 clip since everyone has seen it already. If it had been some new footage then great!

I upgraded my PC to 2 x MSI 560Ti Twin Frozr in SLI recently. 191 frames per second at 1680 with full settings and 2 x AA on Bad Company 2. Hopefully it should run Battlefield 3 on medium settings.

By the way, a lot of reviews have stated that the MSI 560 twin frozr OC/II has the best cooler. It does not. It's noisier and runs hotter than my friend's Gigabyte 560Ti Super which has a clock speed of 900mhz (MSI has 880mhz). We each tested our GPU's using MSI Kombustor and his Gigabyte GPU didn't get much above 65c whereas mine went close to 80c in a very well ventilated case. I will be fitting GPU core only waterblocks over the next few days.

13. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Pretty graphics, same old infuriating game i bet.

14. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Dx11 only atm? Uh oh.

15. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Well I watched trailer 3 yet again, at full screen, sitting back in my chair while sipping my brew. And no doubt I'll have watched that sniper trailer again before the day has ended. I guess all the trailers, regardless of how many times we've watched them, would be useful to new forum joiners ... :thumb:

16. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

My twin frozr 560ti has never broken 56c @ 56% fan playing BC2, also why do you need two when your playing at 1680x1050, I'm playing at 1920x1200 with eveything on and it plays like a dream?

17. technogiant

technogiant What's a Dremel?

Yeah....its going to be a close call I guess, but as long as its not cutting my nose off to spite my face I like to support the underdog where possible in the interests of keeping competition healthy.

One thing for sure BFBC2 which I believe used the frostbite 1 engine was highly cpu dependant, noticed as big drop in fps when I down clocked my Q6600 from 3.5 to stock 2.4.

So if frostbite 2 engine is similar a decent cpu will be essential.

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it all seems great, but what about multiplayer??

the corner stone of Battlefield is multiplayer, they keep going on about singleplayer experience, would they have unbalanced multiplayer?

the thing i am most interested in is the class arrangement and if win condition is based on player lives: revive mechanism. eg. please no more unstoppable medic squad in BFBC2.

19. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Bull**** it will look that good on consoles. Crytek said the same thing about Crysis 2. They made a whole engine based on the idea of Crysis level graphics on consoles, and it looks like rubbish compared to Crysis 1, the best PS3 exclusives, and even Crysis 2 PC on lowest settings.
    As for DX11 only, no way. EA wants this to go head to head with the next CoD, they need it as scalable as possible to match those millions of sales. I admit this is the biggest temptation yet to upgrade from my 2x 4870's, but I'll be pissed if I have to for entry. I think a DX10 requirement will be as far as they could push it.

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Apr 2011
  20. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

why havent i pre-ordered this yet, as soon as i get home its getting pre-ordered!

Tags: Add Tags