1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Samsung MD230X3 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 20 May 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Looks to be a pretty good idea on the face of it, but poorly executed by Samsung.

Sam

3. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

4. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

Actually, it looks very useful to me.. Haven't used one of these but planning to have one for my next project..

5. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Not one picture of them in use!?

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Looks like the ultimate multi-tasking display, to use their own terminology. If I worked in graphics, I'd be sold!

7. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

But the suggested U2311H's are 6-bit+FRC, that makes me cry.

8. matiss

matiss Minimodder

The Idea is good. But not the price...a full eyefinity setup with 3 ISP screens (23" 16:9) and a card like the 6950 comes in around 1000€ which is about the half of this monitor.

9. x5pilot

x5pilot Fragile explosion

would they work with Nvidia (GTX5x0) Cards or what else would I need to also buy?

10. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

Waste of money, i bought 3 23" led monitors for well under £600, no ghosting or input lag

11. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

Is it not possible for them to get rid of (or make then very thin) the black screen borders where screen edges meet to make it more seamless? Obviously you can't do that when buying three individual screens but this has been especially designed.

If there is a reason why this couldn't be done?

12. TFSakon

TFSakon What's a Dremel?

I'm on 2 25" atm and they work beautiful, borrowed my mates to test if a third would work and it works like a charm so I concur with heir flick, just get some good monitor. Though above 23" I've never found a mount (please say if you have) but mounts are overrated if you've got a desk big enough just put it there less assembly and you keep the £200 in your pocket.

13. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

Wow was reading through this review and had a real sense of deja-vu. Then I realised it was the same review word for word (well slightly edited) as in the latest issue of Atomic (an Australian magazine). Initially was a bit of a WTF?! moment.

Then I noticed the initials "CW" at the end of the article in my magazine. All good.

14. vampalan

vampalan What's a Dremel?

Yeah that.. just what I thought.

15. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

hey but the U2311H makes three screen eyefinity affordable... because I am thinking of getting some

16. Xir

Xir Modder

Did you make those pictures?

The "Rear" picture has at least the Input-cables clipped, and the USB and Power daisy chining aren't visible? ;)

17. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Just a bit of aggressive clipping in Photostop is all - since Bindi left we haven't accidentally dremeled anything to destruction :)

18. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

That explains why I can't seem to get the colours right on my U2311H. It just doesn't hold a candle to the colour on my 2405s (years old) or U2410.

Pro grade panel that's 6-bit? Colour me unimpressed.

19. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

I thought the review looked familiar too, wasn't this in Custom PC months ago?

Useful for an Eyefinity setup maybe, but where you do very commonly see these setups are in City investment banks and stockbrokers packed full of financial information and price tickers, to an IT procurement officer this screen must make a lot of sense, get it all bought and implemented in one go, picture quality far less of an issue. For the enthusiasiast certainly getting 3 better quality vesa mount monitors and a suitable stand would accomplish the same goals but at a much better result and cheaper too.

20. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Pro-grade for just over £200? Err, no. The U2311H is trying to bring IPS to the masses by cutting a few corners, and hence price.

Tags: Add Tags