1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Biostar TP67XE (B3) Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 21 Jun 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

What's up with all the photos? They look like they need some more black.

3. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

From article:
    You’ll only be able to use a 1x PCI-E card if you’re opting for a dual-graphics card arrangement, though, as the two 1x PCI-E slots are located between the two larger 16x slots.

Should this read:
    You'll only be able to use a single 1x PCI-E card if you're opting for a dual-slot cooler graphics card....

Need to slap the editor on the wrist! Almost every article gets corrected by a forum member.

4. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Hand up all those who thought Biostar went under a while back..*puts hand up*

5. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

Ugh, sorted. That's someone misinterpreting what i meant by single PCI slot that is.

6. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

That's my fault - I slept through my alarm this morning and needed to get eight pages hurriedly edited so that I could publish it ASAP. I disagree with your second point, though - every now and then an article gets corrected by a forum member - not 'almost every article'. There may have been more regular corrections a few months ago, but I've made a massive effort over the last few months to ensure that no mistakes get through before publication, and those that do are usually only nit-pickety errors now. You should see some of the grammar on other sites...

7. borandi

borandi What's a Dremel?

Most articles on most websites get a gloss over with two sets of eyes, often in varying degrees of awakeness and caffeination. It's nothing compared to the *thousands* of people who end up reading them, and it really gets disheartening to the reviewer when every difference of grammatical option gets debated in the comments. Minor errors in articles such as this should be emailed to the reviewer/editor - and they're only human. How many errors do you see in national news papers who have multi-million budgets with numerous editors compared to local news?

8. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

True true, rep for you.

9. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Did you understand what they meant.....yep......is it a concern......no.

Did you read the 81% yep......nough said.

Good to see another feasible motherboard however I would still tread very carefully before going outside of the big three.

10. Hakuren

Hakuren What's a Dremel?

Well if it is small enough card it won't cook between 2 VGAs*. Small USB3 cards are good example. Frankly I moved everything except mouse/keyboard combination to USB3. Whatever you take, you get substantial bonus when using USB2 device with USB3 controller. Take your pick: pendrive, external dvdrw, scanner, printing large documents. It is very surprising that new boards still coming with only 2 "Blues".

* - and if VGAs by any chance are powered by MSI TwinFrozr3 then there is no worry... unless it is hardware RAID card. Chipset(s) on one of those can hit 80-100C in no time at all if not cooled properly.

11. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Just wait until AMD & Intel have native 3.0 - neither one does yet. Ivy Bridge for Intel, possibly Bulldozer for AMD, I think.

Not bad results, though. I wonder what the durability's like. I'm no guinea pig, so I think I'll stick with Asus.

*typed one-handed, the other being up for thinking Biostar had gone under*

Tags: Add Tags