1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision files complaint against modernwarfare3.com

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 19 Jul 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Surely if the guy owns the domain name he can post what he likes there?

Just sour grapes.

3. enciem

enciem Minimodder

He doesn't necessarily have the right to own the domain name though, which is something brought in to prevent people buying up domains and then sticking a picture on it to say if you wanted to buy it it would cost so much.

4. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Knowing how much Activision seem to like completely raping the COD idea over and over again with little/no change, I only find it surprising that they hadn't registered the mw3 domain name years ago. And MW4, MW5 MW6, etc, etc, as well...
    COS's ok for 'lite' fps shooting, but there is mroe immersion and realism in the game itself in the Battlefield series. No pansy 'heartbeat monitors' in BC2... LoL...

5. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

No you haven't. You've earnt the right to steal £45 from hard earning parents and teenagers for the past four years. Little more, or by this proxy I hereby own all domains that begin with B. Therefor Bit-Tech is now mine, pack your stuff up guys... :p

Either way, MW3 will be defeated >.<

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Activision really are whiney little female dogs...

What happened to the fun Activision who made Hogs of War?

7. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

MW3 > BF3+Origin

8. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

It all stopped when gaming became the multibillion dollar industry it now is...

:sigh:

9. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

My first words after reading the title

10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Do not feed the troll

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

by the time it goes through court, and action is to be taken, everyone will have forgotten about MW3 and waiting for whatever abomination Treyarch is hyping to release.

12. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

LOL!!! proper stuff ;)

13. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

It's entirely activisions fault for not getting the domain when they announced the game. This guy who may be a massive **** has every right to do what he wants with the domain.

Lets try to not have this thread turned into a childish back and forth between MW3 and BF3 fanboys I think we all had enough of that in the 90s with a certain 2 consoles.

14. Deadpunkdave

Deadpunkdave ...why you need a 20-sided die

Presumably not as intended?

Legality aside, I really don't know why companies choose to take action in such cases. In this case, Activision could quite easily get as much traffic as they wanted to a different domain and let this one die away. Instead they take action against an individual which will inevitably lead to news stories and blogs about it, thereby increasing the audience of the original offending thing by several orders of magnitude and further souring their own public image. Though I guess when your public face is the fat, trolly visage of Bobby Kotick, you've pretty much stopped caring what people think.

15. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Have any of these games actually moved on in the last five years? Because that's how long ago I got bored of the same game over and over again.

16. dactone

dactone dact-one

The guy who bought that domain name and said them things about cod ..NEEDS A MASSIVE MEDAL!

17. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Lets be honest, there's going to be an out of court settlement for the domain name. That will be the end of it.

18. Ross1

Ross1 What's a Dremel?

I really hate that its called domain "squatting". He PAID for the domain legally, its not analogous to squatting at all.

19. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

If you've ever tried to buy domains then you'll understand completely how much of a pain in the ass domain squatters are, and even more so, how much they demand for the domain knowing that they'll never use it for anything other than squeezing money out of people and not hosting a real website on it.

20. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

Lol - i just funny
    Get over it Activision your behaving very childish & worried for your money.

He owns the domain then he can do what he wants... idiots..
    They''ll be taking out injunctions next on forums full of people speaking their minds.

Tags: Add Tags