1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming BioShock: Rapture Book Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 30 Jul 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Shame! Especially considering what an accomplished writer John Shirley is. His Eclipse trilogy is a cyberpunk classic, for instance.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Have you guys run out of things to review...? :p

4. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

If they get William Gibson to do a COD novelisation I'm going to kill myself.

I'm wondering why the game writers didn't think they were capable of doing this themselves. And I wonder how much this cost 2K, money which could be spent in several thousand better ways. See, if Bioshock: Infinite is less than perfect, I won't be able to help but think "Maybe if they didn't waste all that money on that novel, they could've fixed *problem name here*."

5. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Stop giving me nightmares!!! If I'll sleep poorly tonight I know who to blame! :p

As for how much money 2K threw at this novelization I'm not so sure it's that much. I'd have chosen a different author, though. Someone more into the gaming aspect of things, like Michael A. Stackpole.

6. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

Even though the writer is very decent, I can't help but feel this is just a grab for a bit of cash. Writing and book publishing costs very little compared to game development and publishing, and they're hoping lots of people will buy it out of interest.
    Some poeple will no doubt love it too, just like some people love the Planescape: Torment novel, which was was pap. Actually, 'pap' is too complimentary.

7. mrdanie

mrdanie What's a Dremel?

Was going to get this book, pre-ordered it ages ago, kept getting delayed, lost interest.

8. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

If you are interested in the ideology, setting etc behind BioShock, why not just get Atlas Shrugged and be done with it?

Tags: Add Tags