1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 2142 Titan Lag

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by intel17, 14 May 2009.

1. intel17

intel17 CPC Refugee ^_^

Hi, I just installed 2142 and updated to the newest patch 1.50. Now i've had this before but just got over it. but everytime I go onto a Titan enemy or mine I get Lag. well not lay per say but everything takes time for me to move , shoot, realod etc. The game works with no problem out of the titan.

I'm running latest drivers for GPU and Motherboad.
    Any ideas?

2. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

This is a known bug, it's happened since the game was released, and it's the reason i stopped playing 2142.

As a map maker and programmer, I reckon it's something to do with the game having to load the two titan maps into memory instead of paging them and only tracking changes when you're inside.

The problem occurs only after the shields are dropped, and is worse when the two Titans are closer together.

Sorry I can't help though!

3. intel17

intel17 CPC Refugee ^_^

So nothing I can do >_<

4. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

it use to be allot worse before but in all honesty - Its never affected me inside the titan after the patches....its worked fine for myself so there must be a software solution or something that can be done...

5. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

From a programmer's perspective it just looks like lazy coding, but honestly I don't know how bad it is at the moment (haven't played since 1.1) so it's possible it's improved by newer patches.

However, just throwing more hardware at it won't solve the problem.

6. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Stopped playing Titan mode for this reason.