1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve announces Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Aug 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

never played CS :worried: but to make amends im pretty sure ill pick this up and play it to death :D

3. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Oh snap. This could be quite fun - I have fond memories of the old Counter Strike: Source. Lots of nifty mods and easy to kill 10 year olds.

4. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

I'm very much wait and see. I haven't played CS a great deal in years simply because the other people really wind me up because I don't know every single glitch and ideal way to do things. So as a noob I await what Valve will offer.

Part of me wants to see them turn it into a Call of Duty style hatfest just to see the reactions.

5. Canon

Canon Reformed

Hitting F5 on the steam store page until Q1 2012.

6. Arghnews

Arghnews What's a Dremel?

Can't wait
    Now hopefully the consoles can get a taste of an fps without auto aim that requires skilll :D

7. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

[insert mandatory "Where's EP3" comment here]

8. Jaffo

Jaffo What's a Dremel?

Interested to see if Valve tries something new, particularly to try and make the game more open to new players but I can't see them doing much to change such a popular game.

9. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

Stop goofing artound with this crap valve. Ep3 please.

10. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

I was a CS:S player, and not a bad one at that, until I got bored of it. I really can appreciate the competitive aspect of it, but it does get a bit dull. That said, it isn't supposed to be varied.

I'm interested to see how this turns out, it should be really good actually :)

11. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Q1 for EP3 anyone? CS:GO may simply come with it... i little out there i know, but it just an idea

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

25million.

i wonder how many of those are just HL2 bundled item that rarely been touched. i've only played it a few hours.

13. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

This is a surprising and exciting move. It seemed for a while like CoDMW3 and BF3 were the only military-themed shooters on the horizon and that, frankly, is not an appealing situation to me.

I was never 'hardcore' into CSS but I played it a bit in 1.6 and for a few years after Source came out during secondary school. It's nice to think of a third major player coming along to shake up the CoD/BF bitch-fight, especially a player as strong as Valve with Counter-Strike.

[Insert valid but tired concerns regarding multi-platform release, pandering to modern shooter fashions, etc.]

14. Canon

Canon Reformed

Mine was just an HL2 bundle, but I bought it for Counter Strike, since the last major update I have played 742 hours (before the update probably a couple of thousand at least) had over 20,000 kills and still only 86% of the achievements and I havn't had a dull moment yet.

15. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

Played CS for 10 years. I'm super interested in what it's gonna be. I really hope they do something that's worthy to be the next CS.

16. Bede

Bede Minimodder

F2P is the only way they would get all those 1.6 players to even think about transferring. Tbh I just don't think this is going to be much fun.

17. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

CS1.6 is still one of the defacto LAN games, at least where I am

I sure hope this keeps true to 1.6...

about EP3...

srsly? so Valve can't work on anything other than Half Life? I'd dump the IP for a couple of more years actually... so it doesn't look "overmilked"

18. BillMurray

BillMurray What's a Dremel?

I'm hoping for more than a graphical update. I'd like to see some more gameplay ideas, maybe more objective based games. Maybe each team could have 2/3 objectives to complete, turn on the generator, make a radio call or something. We'll see. Looking forward to some more info.

19. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Too many....

And CS1.6 in my mind equals engine with cheats builtin, starting by depending on frames per second, all the milisecond crouch&shoot tactics etc etc.

So i am sad that they waste the time on this game, instead of doing the good stuff (HL2E3).

20. bowman

bowman Minimodder

I hate being one of those people, but..

EP3? HL3?

They've sidestepped quite a lot now. DOTA2 is quite weird already.

I take it this will be some kind of COD clone to get all the idiot kids to play it.

Tags: Add Tags