1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Razer announces 17in Blade gaming laptop

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 26 Aug 2011.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

" touchscreen-cum-trackpad " lol wut

Really nice looking laptop. Location of that trackpad is a really great idea IMO.

3. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

fair play to Razer, that's pretty sexy. A lot of their stufff is a bit hit and miss, i love my deathadder but they still haven't made a keyboard i really want, this looks awesome. (still want more graphics grunt though! but it's always the way)

4. bowman

bowman Minimodder

An excellent idea. The problem with these is that they are complete bricks, this one evades that nicely.

It is of course too rich for my blood. Let's all hope Razer keeps at it and introduces 13 and 15 inch models down the line. That would rule.

5. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

It's Latin for "with" ;)

6. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

A 15in version of this would be perfect for my upcoming purchase!

7. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Thanks. I've honestly never seen that before.

On regards to the laptop, way to expensive for that hardware. You can get much better for much less and it's features don't justify the price at all for me. You could get two laptops with better hardware for that price. Alternatively three desktops.

8. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I loll'd! :hehe:

9. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

That has to be the best looking laptop outside of ones with a glowing apple on them. On a related note, what ever became of that atom powered gaming thing they were making?

10. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

Looks interesting but I don't see it catching on with that ridiculous pricetag.

11. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

I've just got an e-mail from Razer with the website link. Looks nice but... gaming isn't for laptops

12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

It's a nice looking bit of kit that's for sure.

13. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

Impressive - but if it's not portable enough to carry without a laptop case... who cares if it's thin?

14. GRE66

GRE66 What's a Dremel?

Bet it doesnt sell as fast as the HP touchpads did !!!!
    At last this is a truely portable gaming PC. One in the face of the console boys.The PS or XBox will never be this sexy! Should make lans of the future a lot easier, roomy and cheaper, no big halls or venues to hire. All we need now is for the price to come down and programmers to develop non ported, decent games again.

15. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

Not only is it ugly as sin, it's also a laptop. Glowing green? No thanks.

"Gaming" and "laptop" do not go together, certainly not yet anyway and especially with a price like that

16. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

2 grand :waah:

Last edited: 27 Aug 2011
  17. GRE66

GRE66 What's a Dremel?

Right , so if you got one for free you wouldn't use it. There is always one.
    This is more than just a gaming laptop. This is innovation at it's best and possibly one of thoes moments where such an item or idea forges the way for a new form factor just like smart phones at the moment. Just look at the crap we all used just a year or so ago to call eachother and then look at what we have now ( IPhone and Android's). If others follow suit like Alien or Asus we could be seeing the start of a new era for the PC as we know it. Probably won't replace the desktop but certainly laptops and I bet it won't be more than a couple of months befor we see that keyboard and screen combo on sale seperately.

18. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

i have a 17" macbook pro and its a paaaaain to find anything nice to carry it in. so far I've seen one laptop bag that would fit it and it weren't great looking.

this will have same problem...hence you're better off buying a gaming desktop, unless space is your issue

19. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

This is nice but... entirely not worth it.

First things first: The touchpascreen looks to be edgeless, meaning get ready to slide right off of it. Beyond that, look where it is. Sure, this may be intended for gamers first, but this is now a computer that REQUIRES you to use two hands every time, all the time. No more moving with WASD and lazily turning with the touch pad while you get a sip of a drink

Secondly: The price. Yes, I'm aware that Razer is a boutique manufacturer but hoooly ****. That kind of hardware can be stuffed into a wide range of other units, with better (or multiple) video cards for the price, complete with solid state drives, and years of warranty from a manufacturer who has experience in this field.

Third: Though the touchpascreen is pretty awesome, it sits somewhat in the vein of the screens of Logitech Keyboards - Why the hell are you looking at a different screen in the middle of a game? Sure, it's useful if you enjoy RTS or MMO titles, but fans of shooters are going to have to spend a lot of time dead to appreciate this one.

Four: A 60Wh battery? I know that 17" laptops are hardly portable, but what the hell.

That said, I love the idea of this, but this thing is more expensive than a comparable Mac for christ's sake.

20. GRE66

GRE66 What's a Dremel?

I would use the screen during a game if it is able to display Teamspeak,Xfire and the like.

Tags: Add Tags